Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this isnt the electrical section, but I figured quicker answer here.

Wiring up the winch, the contactor has a red wire running from the bottom of it, to the top of it. It is connected loosely to the black negative terminal. See pictures below. Yes I called them, but Caleb is busy and wont be able to return my call until this afternoon.

Is this right, or is it supposed to go to the red positive terminal, or is the sticker on wrong?

·
Officially Addicted
694 Posts
That looks like the wire for your switched power. Needs to be through the key or a toggle switch so I can't come on when you aren't expecting it.

·
Officially Addicted
694 Posts
Looks like an extra safety wire, maybe that's why its jumped already, but it should go.to positive. Black and red are battery leads, blue.and yellow are the winch leads, green and black go to the switch.

·
Banned
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks like an extra safety wire, maybe that's why its jumped already, but it should go.to positive. Black and red are battery leads, blue.and yellow are the winch leads, green and black go to the switch.
Yup, got that already. Just wondering why they attached it to the black like this as it is how it came out of the box. Wondering if the sticker is on wrong also. I just want to be sure before throwing fire to it...

·
Officially Addicted
694 Posts
It doesn't matter. All the contractor does is switch polarity so the winch operates in or out. As long as the battery is on black and red and the winch on blue and yellow you're fine.

·
Banned
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It doesn't matter. All the contractor does is switch polarity so the winch operates in or out. As long as the battery is on black and red and the winch on blue and yellow you're fine.

LOL.... I know. The problem is if the sticker is on backwards, then what is labeled as black/red will be opposite and I will fry it as soon as I hook power to it...

·
Banned
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, I said to hell with it and was tired of waiting on a "call back" from this morning. I hooked it up as it was and everything seems to be working the way it should with no smoke :headbang:.

The remote makes winding the rope back up by your self easy as hell...

·
Registered
27 Posts
I know this isnt the electrical section, but I figured quicker answer here.

Wiring up the winch, the contactor has a red wire running from the bottom of it, to the top of it. It is connected loosely to the black negative terminal. See pictures below. Yes I called them, but Caleb is busy and wont be able to return my call until this afternoon.

Is this right, or is it supposed to go to the red positive terminal, or is the sticker on wrong?

Hey Guys,

I wanted to jump in on the discussion regarding the red wire shown in the pictures posted by Wren. The red wire on the contactor shown is the ground wire for the solenoids in the contactor. It should be mounted to the black terminal, not a keyed power source. We're working on changing the wire color to black in order to eliminate the confusion; terribly sorry for any that has occurred thus far.

Best Regards,
Scott
MotoAlliance Engineering

1 - 10 of 10 Posts