Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i have an 2010 rzr 4 stock and i wanted to get more speed , what can i do without any engine mods is there like a cdi box or something?that i can add to gain more speed and power?
thank you for your comments

·
Registered
466 Posts
The RZR 4 seater did not come out until March 2010. Are u sure yours is an 09. Sorry mine goes about 63 mph stock thats fast enought for me with the kids.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The RZR 4 seater did not come out until March 2010. Are u sure yours is an 09. Sorry mine goes about 63 mph stock thats fast enought for me with the kids.[/QUOTE

sorry my rhino is the 09 anyways ive got cdi box etc in my rhino but what can i put in the rzr 4 no engine modifications im not a mechanic, mine only does 60mph and its not enough for me, we mostly drive highways so if anybody has any suggestion go ahead im ready, rhino wasnt fast enough now rzr isnt fast enough i will never be satisfied lol

·
Registered
466 Posts
Power commander..muzzy exhaust, and bigger tires for top end speed. Good Luck try Sidewayzmotorsports.com. or give them a call they will know how to do it..

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
As someone who has spent money on exhaust, ECM, Intake, and clutching, I can tell you that none of these mods is going to give you the seat of the pants increase in power, speed, or performance that you are looking for. Polaris has these pretty well dialed in for maximum performance from the factory. Any combination of these mods is going to give you better throttle response, and possibly a little more power, but it is extremely debatable as to whether it's worth the cost per HP....

I wish I had saved the money for a Turbo...

·
Registered
72 Posts
As someone who has spent money on exhaust, ECM, Intake, and clutching, I can tell you that none of these mods is going to give you the seat of the pants increase in power, speed, or performance that you are looking for. Polaris has these pretty well dialed in for maximum performance from the factory. Any combination of these mods is going to give you better throttle response, and possibly a little more power, but it is extremely debatable as to whether it's worth the cost per HP....

I wish I had saved the money for a Turbo...
Very interesting comments because there was another thread that talked about noticable improvements from the latest and greatest Procomm ECU...bumping RPM up over 7000 and speed up to around 65mph. Heard that Polaris really tunes down the RZRs to increase reliability.
I'm not looking for seat of the pants performance - just something more on the cheap. Do you recommend the ECU? Is it one of the older models that folks seemed complain about?
Thanks for any inputs.
Steve

·
Registered
15,386 Posts
with the Dynatek ignition module and software you can change the timing curve and rev limiter.
I wouldn't raise the rev limiter, but some people do.

There are also overdrive clutches.. like STM. not sure if a stock machine has the power to use the overdrive though.

H

·
0 Posts
I know alot of people don't like to hear it..
But whether it is a car and atv a UTV..just about anything with an engine..if you are the type that never has enough power then be very selective with what "bolt" ons you choose..make sure they will compliment the next level you may end up going to,otherwise you are just wasting money.
Also bolt on mods can add up fast..and next thing you know you have spent nearly as much as if you would have just went FI from the get go.
Most of my experience is with building street strip drag cars...and I can tell you I found out the hard way that N/A power is $$$ per hp compared to FI...
Obviously not everyone is ready or wants say a turbocharged RZR..but if you think you may eventually go that route do your homework and try not to spend money twice.
JMO

Sorry I don't have any advice on what you can do to the 4 to make it quicker with bolt ons...I think a clutch kit would have been my frst mod for quickness had I not went turbo. And if you are looking just for top speed...rev limit raise probably the only way,the overdrive clutches mentioned would also do it..provided the stock motor could pull the ratio..doubtful,especially with more than 1 person on board. Mine would run 61-63 with jus me in it..add 2 people and 58 or so was all it had. Granted that is IMO plenty fast enough,maybe too fast for the 4 with passengers. But it definitely need more pep/quickness when it was stock...

·
Registered
72 Posts
After reading hundreds (thousands?) of posts on this forum about bolt-ons for extra power/speed - whether its ECUs, clutch mods, pipes, etc - I think I'm just going to leave my RZR 4 stock for now. Just not worth it and I'm having tons of fun as it is. Maybe in a couple years I'll have enough toy money saved up to sink into a turbo. For now, I'll just have to live vicariously thru you guys!
I really appreciate having this forum available to make sure I'm spending the hard earned cash on things that make a difference. Thanks folks!

·
www.rockmidgetphotography
304 Posts
After reading hundreds (thousands?) of posts on this forum about bolt-ons for extra power/speed - whether its ECUs, clutch mods, pipes, etc - I think I'm just going to leave my RZR 4 stock for now. Just not worth it and I'm having tons of fun as it is. Maybe in a couple years I'll have enough toy money saved up to sink into a turbo. For now, I'll just have to live vicariously thru you guys!
I really appreciate having this forum available to make sure I'm spending the hard earned cash on things that make a difference. Thanks folks!
I think that is wise. Nothing you bolt on will get you the bank/buck as a turbo.

Hell, by the time you decide, Polaris may have a 1000+ motor....

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
But whether it is a car and atv a UTV..just about anything with an engine..if you are the type that never has enough power then be very selective with what "bolt" ons you choose..make sure they will compliment the next level you may end up going to,otherwise you are just wasting money.
Also bolt on mods can add up fast..and next thing you know you have spent nearly as much as if you would have just went FI from the get go.
Most of my experience is with building street strip drag cars...and I can tell you I found out the hard way that N/A power is $$$ per hp compared to FI...
Obviously not everyone is ready or wants say a turbocharged RZR..but if you think you may eventually go that route do your homework and try not to spend money twice.
JMO

Sorry I don't have any advice on what you can do to the 4 to make it quicker with bolt ons...I think a clutch kit would have been my frst mod for quickness had I not went turbo. And if you are looking just for top speed...rev limit raise probably the only way,the overdrive clutches mentioned would also do it..provided the stock motor could pull the ratio..doubtful,especially with more than 1 person on board. Mine would run 61-63 with jus me in it..add 2 people and 58 or so was all it had. Granted that is IMO plenty fast enough,maybe too fast for the 4 with passengers. But it definitely need more pep/quickness when it was stock...
Very well put.

Do you think if I offered to sweep the floor at the K&T booth at the SSSS next weekend will help get a discount on their kit ?! :rofl3:

H

·
0 Posts
JMO

Very well put.

Do you think if I offered to sweep the floor at the K&T booth at the SSSS next weekend will help get a discount on their kit ?! :rofl3:
I bet they would..lol. Serioulsy though..give Rayce a call..he is a very reasonable guy and will work with you...he wants you to have his turbo kit if you want it and more importantly be happy with it..

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
I'll do that....as soon as I pay my daughter's next semester's tuition :rollfinger:

In the meantime utvmadness, have you adjusted your throttle cable to make sure you are getting everything you can out of your RZR 4 in stock form?

The cable will stretch a bit and an adjustment can get back a little bit of lost travel. :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
only two ways to increase speed, higher rpm or change gearing. all the power mods do nothing to increase speed, they only get you there quicker.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts