Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am Trying to put together a tool kit for my RZR XP. Does anyone know what specific tools (sockets, wrenches, etc.) one would need for trail repairs? I am trying to keep the weight down and carry just the specific tools I would need instead of a heavy tool kit that has more than I need. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Does anyone know if it tells you what tools you need in the manual

·
Registered
749 Posts
But a slime 12v pump and a bottle jack that will fit in the battery compartment then get a plug kit for tires then put in some large zip ties, extra wire, snips, and a cheap harbor freight socket set in a bag along with a pair of needle nose pliers and a small led flash light, I also through in a ratchet strap folded up and taped so it doesnt come apart... With all theses tools u can pretty much mitigate any problem u will have next to structural damage... All that will fit in a small 12 pack soft ice chest or whatever u want

·
Premium Member
2,951 Posts
But a slime 12v pump and a bottle jack that will fit in the battery compartment then get a plug kit for tires then put in some large zip ties, extra wire, snips, and a cheap harbor freight socket set in a bag along with a pair of needle nose pliers and a small led flash light, I also through in a ratchet strap folded up and taped so it doesnt come apart... With all theses tools u can pretty much mitigate any problem u will have next to structural damage... All that will fit in a small 12 pack soft ice chest or whatever u want
I think you hit all the important things for sure but I would suggest one other thing... A 6' length of PVC tubing to use as a siphon hose.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
I think you hit all the important things for sure but I would suggest one other thing... A 6' length of PVC tubing to use as a siphon hose.
Why not just use a syphon hose?
More flexible, easier storage, self primer.
You can even get the style with a hand pump.

H

·
0 Posts
The hand pump style is what I use to pump fuel out of my gas can into the tank while it's still mounted in the bed.

·
Premium Member
2,951 Posts
I tried the "siphon hose" and it worked like twice or three times... I have the lock-n-ride cargo box and the hose is only 1/2" it coils up real nice. Not a big problem being without the pump or self primer.

·
Premium Member
2,951 Posts

·
Registered
749 Posts
Not jumping anything u can hard wire a fan fix small electrical issues with wire already saved someone by haveing wire and extra switch cause his thermostat broke...

H

·
0 Posts
Not jumping anything u can hard wire a fan fix small electrical issues with wire already saved someone by haveing wire and extra switch cause his thermostat broke...
Ok..was just wondering if there was a reason for 16 ga. I carry a couple 12 ga wires with small alligator clamps on each end ..16 won't be good for much amperage at all...can't see 16 ga running a fan for long...unless it is just powering the fan relay.
BTW if you unplug the coolant temp sensor the fan will run continuously :)

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks for all the great info, still wondering if anyone knows the specific tools needed for a RZR XP or if I can find them by going through the manual. Even if a company like UTV INC., Benchmark, etc. that does xp builds could tell me what tools they use the most?

H

·
0 Posts
thanks for all the great info, still wondering if anyone knows the specific tools needed for a RZR XP or if I can find them by going through the manual. Even if a company like UTV INC., Benchmark, etc. that does xp builds could tell me what tools they use the most?
I carry a small Craftsman 1/4" tool kit..comes in a book style case also carry a 1/2"ratchet 3" ext and socket for lug nuts. A T27 (iirc) bit for plastic removal ect. Flexible 1/4 drive 6" extension(comes in handy for getting the belt cover off..which by the way reminds me ..spare belt)
A Gerber multi-tool. Maybe some more stuff I'd have to look. That's just in my small tool kit. Everyone has their preferences.if someone was to put together a kit that was compact and that would get you out of every foreseeable jam they would make themselves rich :)

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So it sounds like I dont need that many tools for trail repairs?

Because I bought a craftsman mechanics tool set from sears that I was going to pick through to make a tool kit and put what I needed in a tool bag in my rzr.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts