Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Bent Motorsports
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well im finally upgrading my rear end to my new summers bros axles but the problem is they require the 'Large' S CV. I say 'Large' S cv because i went to the dealer and bought a whole new set of 2009 S half shafts with cvs and they came with these spindly little axles with standard cvs on them.
the spline size is the same as my 2009 standard cvs it just has a longer axle shaft. looked up the parts on the micro fiche and its an "updated" part. WTF! its worse than the standard. How can i get a hold of some original S cvs?
Need help with this guys so i can make it to glamis. thanks in advance.
-mark

·
Bent Motorsports
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
super atv makes great cvs but they are the standard spline

·
Bent Motorsports
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
clif the link to the polaris micro fiche in your signature lists the cvs i need (1332638) my dealers lists (1332883) and says it replaces 1332638. but both have the same cv part number. just the complete shaft is different

·
Registered
15,386 Posts
Oh ok. I have them on my S, but they are on the SuperATV axles...

I do have my old axles and CVs sitting in boxes that I was going to have on hand for spares.
they have about 4600 miles on them and one inner cv is moving on the axle. I think it needs a new circlip.

·
Bent Motorsports
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so the axle is wanting to pull out of the inner cv? those clips do go bad easy and unfortunately cost 40 bucks cause you have to buy the whole boot kit. might be interested in trade if i cant figure this out.

·
Registered
15,386 Posts
I had my dealer replace the boot, and then shortly after Trey noticed it was moving when he took it out to do the engine swap.
did my dealer eff it up? LOL

instead of figuring it out I just upgraded to the SuperATV on all four corners.

·
Bent Motorsports
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
1332638 is only for model year 09 and 10 so it seems they changed it for 11. cheap cycle parts has them still listed on there site but who knows if they are still available. have to call and find out on Monday. soo stressful

·
Bent Motorsports
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I had my dealer replace the boot, and then shortly after Trey noticed it was moving when he took it out to do the engine swap.
did my dealer eff it up? LOL

instead of figuring it out I just upgraded to the SuperATV on all four corners.
sometimes when you knock the cv off the clip will get cut off a little by the splines but if you dont clean all the grease off its hard to notice.

·
Bent Motorsports
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
they carry stock CVs???

·
Bent Motorsports
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
no stock cvs

1 - 15 of 15 Posts