Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my rzr has a strange problem while cranking it wont start unless i turn key on and crank for a split second then shut off the ignition then i can start it right up im thinking its a relay or something becouse i dont here the fuel pump come on the first try has anybody had this problem ? it seems to be getting worse now it takes a few titmes to get it to run .thanks for any help scott..

·
Just kidding!
10,752 Posts
You can get a fuel pressure checker for around 40 to 50 bux at a auto parts store.Should have about 39 psi.There is a shrader valve on the fuel rail to test from.

·
Registered
406 Posts
I had a wife one time and she also took a couple of times to get her started found out her ground wire was loose. Check for a good ground. Make sure all grounding connections are tight and no corrision.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Def sounds like the fuel pump is going..Mine was doing the same thing so I replaced the pump with one from autozone ( I believe its the pump for a 93 jeep wrangler with the 4 cyl engine.) things runs perfect now.

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
You can rent a fuel pump gauge for free at autozone.. They require a 140 dollar deposit but your money is fully refunded when you return the pump.. I was going to buy a 40.00 tester until they told me I could just rent theirs. Its a much nicer tester then the cheap ones also..

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i forgot i did replace the fuel pump about 400 miles ago with an airtex pump but that didnt solve my issue at the time it was my tps out of adjustment is there a relay for the fuel pump and where is it when its running it runs strong .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts