Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a fire extinguisher for my 1000 what does everyone recommend? Im In Ky and need one before next Wednesday before our Brimstone trip????

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Only on Tuesdays...
222 Posts
I havent had to use it yet luckily, but the pro armor velcro setup seems nice thus far. I have it mounted behind the headrest of the drivers seat and its easy to get on and off.

I have only removed it every time the RZR gets cleaned but the velcro is performcing better than i thought it would.

·
Vendor
22,120 Posts
UTV INC is excited to release our newest fire extinguisher mount to the public. With the immense popularity of our older style mount we wanted to fine tune it and make it easier to use when the time came. Our new quick pull pin system is machined from 6061-T6 aluminum and houses both pins in 1 easy to use pull handle. No more pulling 2 pins to put the fire out, simply grab, pull and extinguish. The mount will only fit 1.75" tubing and comes with your choice of RED, WHITE or SILVER fire extinguisher.

Some info on the extinguisher from the manufacture:
UL rated type 1-A:10-B:C multi-purpose rechargeable extinguisher
Monoammonium Phosphate extinguishing agent
Commercial-grade metal valve and trigger
Easy-to-read pressure gauge
Metal pull pin with safety seal prevents accidental discharge
U.S. Coast Guard approved
10-year limited warranty

$199.95

UTV INC 1.75" RED CLAMP ON FIRE EXTINGUISHER MOUNT

- - - - -

UTV INC 1.75" BLACK CLAMP ON FIRE EXTINGUISHER MOUNT

- - - - -

UTV INC 1¾" BLUE ANODIZED BILLET CLAMP ON FIRE EXTINGUISHER MOUNT & EXTINGUISHER

- - - - -

UTV INC 1¾" ORANGE BILLET CLAMP ON FIRE EXTINGUISHER MOUNT & EXTINGUISHER

- - - - -

UTV INC 1.75" MACHINED CLAMP ON FIRE EXTINGUISHER MOUNT

- - - - -

UTV INC 1.75" GREEN CLAMP ON FIRE EXTINGUISHER MOUNT

·
Vendor
22,120 Posts
UTV INC is excited to release its new edition of quick release fire extinguisher mounts to their already extensive line up of parts. This mount will clamp on to a 1.5" OD tube. It is machined from 6061 billet aluminum and anodized RED for a durable finish. Single billet pull handle to release the extinguisher from the mount. Manufactured in house at UTV INC this is the newest lightest setup we have for those wanting to ensure their ride stays safe from fire hazards while out enjoying themselves. Price does include your choice of RED, WHITE or SILVER extinguisher.

$159.95

UTV INC 1.5" RED ANODIZED BILLET ALUMINUM SINGLE PIN QUICK RELEASE FIRE EXTINGUISHER KIT

- - - - -

UTV INC 1½" BLUE ANODIZED BILLET ALUMINUM QUICK RELEASE FIRE EXTINGUISHER KIT

- - - - -

UTV INC 1.5" BLACK ANODIZED BILLET ALUMINUM QUICK RELEASE FIRE EXTINGUISHER KIT

·
Registered
303 Posts
I got the Axia Alloys mount. The mount itself is a little slimmer and low profile with a quick pull handle.

As far as extinguishers this is my two cents. Go to a local fire extinguisher service in your area and by a GOOD 2.5lbs extinguisher. The one's you get online will have plastic heads and handles which do not hold up in the sun, mud, and muck. A good one is going to run you about $38-$50 but they are rechargeable and the metal is non corrosive and can hold up to sunlight.

As far as the material in the extinguisher if you can find a 2.5 lb Purple K you cannot beat the amount of fire especially flammable liquids it can put out.

Just my two cents.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
I have a dragon fire. Never had to use. I like those new big pin UTVInc ones though.
Damn things arent cheap

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
I got the Axia Alloys mount. The mount itself is a little slimmer and low profile with a quick pull handle.
I've got one of these too. A while back, a couple of vendors had a special on them. Easy access with the single pull handle.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I got mine from Direct Drive. It looks freakin sweet and works great it's by far my favorite one out there. I would hit them up for one if you guys don't have one.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I got the 1.75" black one from utv inc and couldn't be happier. Expensive??? Yes, but it's the mount that I wanted on my first rzr and couldn't justify the cost so I settled for less and was never happy. We'll I'm happy now.

And the utv in mount comes with an extinguisher that has all metal parts!! Non of that plastic headed walmart crap

·
Registered
137 Posts
Picked up an Axia mount with extinguisher for $150 at Sand Sports show. Looks simple to pull in the event i need it. Now I need to put it on and hopefully never need it.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Sand Sport Show... They only had limited supply as this was a new product. I would call them or email them and check status when they will have more product available. It is a great design And cost was 140.00 at the show. Not sure what cost will be

1 - 20 of 62 Posts