Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having a big engine problem on my 09 RZR-s with only 700 miles on it. It starts ticking real loud like a lifter of something or a dead piston, and then sometimes it stops? Anyways its under warranty, but I want a good mechanic to work on it. I am not happy with the last place that worked on it. Nothing like watching the BACKYARD mechanic tighten everything with an impact in one hand and a pair of channel locks in the other..
Anyone have a good dealer ship in Ohio they TRUST???? I am in the Cleveland area but will to drive a distance for the right place..
THANKS!!!!

·
Registered
319 Posts
Addy Polaris but that's quite a drive for you, it's just south of New Philadelphia. Google some dealerships in your area....there HAS to be a decent one in the Cleveland area. Good luck!

·
Registered
718 Posts
Who did you use in Cleveland, Ohio Motorsports or State 8?

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well if you go to State 8 the jackoffs there will not be able to even look at it for 2 weeks. Then once they look at it, it will take a week for the warranty issues to be approved, and then another week to order parts. ((1 HOLE MONTH???))))So I took it to Ohio Motor sports and they said they will get to it by Wednesday of this week. Have warranty issues approved by Friday/ Monday at the latest and order parts that same day....WOW!!!! They said there really busy but they would get to it this week...

·
Registered
51 Posts
I had the same problem with mine. Check your oil level add just a little extra. if it gets low the valves and lifters will Knock If it gets real low it will loose power and miss

·
Desert Rat
2,118 Posts
Yeah, it doesn't hold much over 2 quarts.

·
Premium Member
1,115 Posts
Well if you go to State 8 the jackoffs there will not be able to even look at it for 2 weeks. Then once they look at it, it will take a week for the warranty issues to be approved, and then another week to order parts. ((1 HOLE MONTH???))))So I took it to Ohio Motor sports and they said they will get to it by Wednesday of this week. Have warranty issues approved by Friday/ Monday at the latest and order parts that same day....WOW!!!! They said there really busy but they would get to it this week...
Honestly, that's pretty good turn-around time for repairs like that. There are people on this board including us that have waited upwards of 10 weeks for warranty work to be completed. A month sounds pretty good when you consider that.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
When you consider we only have about 4-5 month's of good weather to ride in that turn time SUCKS!!

·
Registered
57 Posts
try concord motorsports on crile rd off of rt44 by i90 just got mine back and they went way out of there way to make me happy call there and talk to warren.

·
Extreme Metal Products
1,942 Posts
If I am not mistaken one of State 8's mechanics has a broken leg. And you are well aware of this.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Nothing is good enough for S Cheshier!
You know more than anyone that if somebody was to google their co name now- this BS you post will come up! This is just wrong man.
When I called State 8 Monday to see when they could take a look at my front hub...they explained they were down a mechanic (which we all knew) but they said if I wanted to swing by Tuesday; they would give it a quick look, contact the warranty co if need be and order the parts. I can't ask for much better than that. Maybe I get better service than you because I bought it from them, rather than buying mine from Joe Blow, dirt cheap and expecting them to jump when I call... or maybe its because I do not publically BASH and or THREATEN them and EVERYBODY ELSE I've ever done business with. This s!@# gets really old and believe me I'm not the only person you know that thinks this way.
As for the mechanic's abilities...I've never had any problems with their work. I use the heck out of my little impact. Some things a torque wrench is a must and others no so much. Regardless, you bashing them is pretty sad, I mean, you work on peoples homes yet have no bonding or insurance if something happened. Get off your high horse.
I like having a local dealer to go to. I don't have all day to drive from one dealer to the next. I'd rather not see them run out of town. In the big picture; they do a good job in service and always hook us up on parts. I'd like to keep it this way.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
They where down a mechanic because you fags where wrestling around in your back yard and he broke his ankle. Maybe that's why YOUR BUDDY said he would look at it that day for you. I mean hell its your 3rd hub. I am shocked at your post????? You complain to me about a 2 week wait for a rear tire for your sisters scooter at State 8, and how she had to go else were, and how your "machine has been up at State 8 longer than in your own garage this year??" But in the next sentence they hook you up and they are the shit?? So witch is Dan? You never seem to have a problem when someone does work at your house with out insurance as long as it cheaper then the guy with. Case in point your concrete work. Vic's price was to high, but he was bonded and insured?? So its do as Dan says, not as Dan does! O' and he's not doing you any favors the hub is $35 and your deductible is $50. I am sorry you paid full price for your RZR and I found a deal... You never seem to have any problems asking me to find you deal's on stuff when your looking???

·
Desert Rat
2,118 Posts
Oh the humanities!!!!!! :rofl3::rofl3:

Take it off forum guys, nobody wants to listen to your squabbles.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Interesting. VERY interesting! I recon the dealership is not very happy 2 be put out a mechanic & would like very much to keep customers satisfied.
Backyard mechanics are using off time to help a buddy out & save some money (most would consider this a favor)
Shades of grey in this discussion~

1 - 20 of 24 Posts