Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Purchased a 2021 NS crew ultimate, love the machine for around my property’s and other usage. But took it the WV Twin hollows camp site..We road the Rockhouse trails it preformed fairly well but for my riding stile on trails I think I may need something different. My wife and I thought it was a bit rough at times shocks bottomed out and we thought it was rough going through the rocky areas.
We we’re with some folks that had rented the KRX they had 32 truck tires on them and they seemed to handle it better.
I don’t want to change my crew any with suspension or tires I would rather buy a machine the would be a better ride. I have been comparing the the Trail S1000 ultimate, the XP 1000 premium and the RZR pro XP..
Not sure would be best for me I do like a nice ride and power.
Options needed on the ones I am thinking about or suggestions for something different.

·
Registered
2021 xpt4
305 Posts
If it were me, I'd probably wait til polaris releases their new 72" machine whenever that might be. I feel like it will happen this year sometime, but who knows. Pro xp sport would be my next choice for the price.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If it were me, I'd probably wait til polaris releases their new 72" machine whenever that might be. I feel like it will happen this year sometime, but who knows. Pro xp sport would be my next choice for the price.
I agree with the XP PRO for the money. I would rather stay with a 60 or 64“ footprint. just not sure if the turbo may be more power than I need but it has other plus’s over the the other I do like.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If the budget is there for a Pro XP, Pro XP all the way. The Pro XP has by far the best suspension and most power in the three you listed.
Will I notice a much better ride over the NS CREW ULTIMATE or am I expecting to much, this would be the second SXS I have ever owned.

·
Registered
38 Posts
My wife and I went looking at machines last year, back when dealerships actually had some inventory in their showrooms. We had no idea what we wanted, just a machine that’s capable on the trails and roomy enough for my big butt (6’7, 270lb) to fit in. We looked at Can-Am and Polaris. The ProXP was the most comfortable and exciting machine we tested, the cab was spacious enough that I wasn’t giving myself black eyes with my knees. Trail S and the 1K XP are great machines, but weren’t comfortable to be in.

It’s more power than we need for sure, we’re amateurs in the sport, but it’s something we can grow into over time. My wife likes to say we didn’t buy it for the turbo, we bought it for the cab….but the turbo is nice to have too!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My wife and I went looking at machines last year, back when dealerships actually had some inventory in their showrooms. We had no idea what we wanted, just a machine that’s capable on the trails and roomy enough for my big butt (6’7, 270lb) to fit in. We looked at Can-Am and Polaris. The ProXP was the most comfortable and exciting machine we tested, the cab was spacious enough that I wasn’t giving myself black eyes with my knees. Trail S and the 1K XP are great machines, but weren’t comfortable to be in.

It’s more power than we need for sure, we’re amateurs in the sport, but it’s something we can grow into over time. My wife likes to say we didn’t buy it for the turbo, we bought it for the cab.
How did it ride on moderately rocky trails, my wife comparison of the ride was if you faster or slower what was a better ride was a mater of crewing your tongue off slower or faster.

·
Registered
38 Posts
The only thing we really have to compare it to out in the real world and not at a dealership is our wrangler that we used to off road (likely retiring that since we got the RZR). It’s absolutely in a different world of comfort. My wife’s back would bother her after a couple hours of Jeep riding over some bumps, even at low speed. In the Pro, she was going over rocks, roots, puddles, just about anything she could run over as fast as she could and never complained about her back. We have the sport model and haven’t taken it out of the softest setting, it’d be nice if we could do it on demand, that’s about the only complaint.

·
Premium Member
2014 RZR XP1000
2,038 Posts
I have a XP1K and it rides great!
We also have a Ranger XP1K and the RZR rides way better one the choppy and rutty spots!
If you want to best ride posable you normally get tender springs or a spring kit (For the RZR)

·
Registered
2020 rzr pro xp
259 Posts
I love my pro xp but from the description of your riding style I don’t think I would buy a turbo anything . It’s just something else to make lots of heat and more maintenance and something else than can fail and cost money . I would be looking at the 1000 xp . I may get flamed for this but honestly from you’re described intended use it’s going to be really hard to beat the krx.

·
Premium Member
4,037 Posts
Will I notice a much better ride over the NS CREW ULTIMATE or am I expecting to much, this would be the second SXS I have ever owned.
There is absolutely no comparison from the Ranger to the XP , XPT or Pro XP.
The Ranger is like a covered wagon compared to the others

·
Registered
2020 Polaris RZR Pro XP aka: The Bomb
1,008 Posts
How did it ride on moderately rocky trails, my wife comparison of the ride was if you faster or slower what was a better ride was a mater of crewing your tongue off slower or faster.
we have ridden over 1000 miles at various Hatfield McCoy trail systems with our Pro.

My wife loves riding in it. Shock Therapy springs will be required though. Mine was bottoming out by 500 miles.

The Pro XP is like a corvette and a trophy truck had a baby. Way more power than you will think you ever need. But, these things are toys afterall. More power is always nice to have. It’s not too powerful that a novice can’t drive it.

It rides fantastic at any speed. Slow crawling, you won’t feel any bumps. Faster stuff it soaks up very well without feeling like you are getting punched in the kidneys repeatedly.

It is my first Polaris ever. 12th machine over lifetime. My only two complaints are the stock Carnivores suck, and the tender springs collapsed. The tires don’t grip anything, especially when they get wet. The ride height is advertised at 14”. Mine was down to 10.5” at 500 miles.

I got 32” standard compound Roxxzillas, and Shock Therapy dual rate springs, and this thing is perfect.
We did a ton of shopping. Drove many different machines. The Pro will put a smile on your face every time you drive it.

·
Registered
2020 rzr pro xp
259 Posts
we have ridden over 1000 miles at various Hatfield McCoy trail systems with our Pro.

My wife loves riding in it. Shock Therapy springs will be required though. Mine was bottoming out by 500 miles.

The Pro XP is like a corvette and a trophy truck had a baby. Way more power than you will think you ever need. But, these things are toys afterall. More power is always nice to have. It’s not too powerful that a novice can’t drive it.

It rides fantastic at any speed. Slow crawling, you won’t feel any bumps. Faster stuff it soaks up very well without feeling like you are getting punched in the kidneys repeatedly.

It is my first Polaris ever. 12th machine over lifetime. My only two complaints are the stock Carnivores suck, and the tender springs collapsed. The tires don’t grip anything, especially when they get wet. The ride height is advertised at 14”. Mine was down to 10.5” at 500 miles.

I got 32” standard compound Roxxzillas, and Shock Therapy dual rate springs, and this thing is perfect.
We did a ton of shopping. Drove many different machines. The Pro will put a smile on your face every time you drive it.
Iv gotten lucky so far on the tender springs . I’m over 800 hard miles in and mine are still fine. But mine is the sport model . No dynamics. Sometimes I wonder if that isn’t part of the tender spring problem.. I actually love the carnivores for my style or riding . We hill shoot most the time and in muddy areas with steep climbs and lots of roots and rocks they do excellent for me. I will agree about the pro having enough power to put a smile on your face even on flat ground .

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I love my pro xp but from the description of your riding style I don’t think I would buy a turbo anything . It’s just something else to make lots of heat and more maintenance and something else than can fail and cost money . I would be looking at the 1000 xp . I may get flamed for this but honestly from you’re described intended use it’s going to be really hard to beat the krx.
That’s a good point about the heat and maintenance, wasn’t aware of the maintenance demand for turbo.
i was looking at the value of the three and the pro seemed to give more for about the same money.

good point something to think about. A premium xp1000 VS a pro premiu. You could do more accessories with the XP and get more for the moneys.

·
Registered
2020 rzr pro xp
259 Posts
That’s a good point about the heat and maintenance, wasn’t aware of the maintenance demand for turbo.
i was looking at the value of the three and the pro seemed to give more for about the same money.

good point something to think about. A premium xp1000 VS a pro premiu. You could do more accessories with the XP and get more for the moneys.
It’s really no maintenance to the turbo itself . Just really important to stay on top of the engine servicing to keep clean oil in it. It is a good idea to check things periodically on the turbo and intercooler etc. I should’ve been more clear by that. I meant later down the road at some point bearings in the turbo seals or intercooler problems will need addressed . Basically just saying it’s more things to deal with later on

·
Registered
2021 xpt4
305 Posts
The turbo isn't the only thing that makes the pro a better machine. I wouldn't even consider any of the other options, especially the slow heavy krx. The only choice would be sport or ultimate in the pro.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The turbo isn't the only thing that makes the pro a better machine. I wouldn't even consider any of the other options, especially the slow heavy krx. The only choice would be sport or ultimate in the pro.
Would you think heat is more of a problem than what the XP1000 puts into the cab. I know my NS CREW ULTIMATE has a sound problem coming into the cab, not sure if the RZR pro has more insulation to deal with heat. they sure did not think of it for the ranger for sound deadening.

·
Premium Member
2014 RZR XP1000
2,038 Posts
Ya the turbo will make it more heat in the cab vs the XP 1000.
But there is a solution with the heat in the Pro XP, A cool cab kit form wolf snout.
I maybe wrong I'm thinking of the XP Turbo but I think the Pro XP's Turbo is in the same spot (Behind the passenger seat)

·
Registered
2021 xpt4
305 Posts
I have xp turbo, so its different. But deleting the cat reduced a lot of heat and I also use a fold down windshield that I only put up if it starts raining or following someone when dusty. Like was said above the wolfsnout kit helps supposedly. Main heat area is the coolant lines running thru the tunnel. Insulating those should make a big difference.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts