Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Rzr spy
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after realizing I need a "bolt on rack" to win a RZR of the month award (Oh God, I hope no one's offended by that), I decided to get to work. I am not a fabricator (wish I was) and wanted whatever I did to be removable, so here's how I did it:

I talked to Mike at Axia Alloys (supporting vendor) and asked if he could design something. He told me he already had something that would work. I bought 4 of his brackets that are the remote shock reservoir mounts and was able to clamp onto the cage (1 3/4") to a Yakima round crossbar (1 1/8"). It is friggin stout and I would imagine with the right crossbar width, you could put an aluminum boat up there.

Mine will be used for 2 kayaks or 2 stand up paddle boards.......depending on what side of the bed the GF wakes up on!!!

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Nice rack......sounds weird saying that to a guy! :rofl3:

nice ride too, now I know why you wanted blue seats......they sure would look good. Might put you over the top! :shhh:

·
Rzr spy
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice rack......sounds weird saying that to a guy! :rofl3:

nice ride too, now I know why you wanted blue seats......they sure would look good. Might put you over the top! :shhh:
I agree Jim except I think that blue is too bright for the blue paint I have........otherwise SOLD!!!

·
Rzr spy
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice doors too, who makes them and will they fit on the 2011 rzr ??
HEY, you're supposed to be looking at my RACK!!!:rofl3:

The doors are by Pro-Armor and I would assume they would work on the 2011's. I highly recommend them!!!

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Those worked out great. I have the Yakima Load Warrior basket I am putting on mine for my next Mammoth trip. A simple install for it as it will clamp to the cross bars built into the cage. I think I'll grab a kayak from Costco for the trip and return it when I'm done.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts