Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just completed the first service on 09 RZRS (original owner never road it) after removing the oil filter I found a small screw laying just below the filter. No clue if it has just been laying there all this time or if it came out of something important. If anyone can shed some light on this it would ease my mind, going on a long ride this weekend. Thx

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
Did you check your exhaust heat shields screws? Also check underneath the rear fenders, there’s some screws the hold the side panels. Look at both sides and compare.

·
Registered
15,386 Posts
I can't think of anything that small on the RZR.
Maybe the tires kicked it up off the ground and it landed on there.
I think the cable cover on the throttle body would be the only thing that has anything close to that small.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I can't think of anything that small on the RZR.
Maybe the tires kicked it up off the ground and it landed on there.
I think the cable cover on the throttle body would be the only thing that has anything close to that small.
That is kind of what I was guessing, didn't see anything else that small.
\
Thx

·
Registered
140 Posts
Looks like a machine thread screw, I don't think there are any of those anywhere on the RZR, plus most everything that small is a torx bit fastener. If all of your exhaust sheild screws are intact, toss it.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
It is not from the throttle body cable cover.
I just had mine off, it does not look anything like that.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
I suspect he had something loaded in the back like a radio or beach chair that the screw rattled loose from and dropped through the bed holes down onto the skid.

·
Premium Member
2,778 Posts
I say throw it in a bucket and when something falls off.............................................you'll know where it came from!...........................................If nothing falls apart, you didn't need it!

·
Registered
141 Posts
its small so I certainly wouldnt lose any sleep over it. Whatever it came off of (be it the RZR or kicked up from the road) I'm sure its not a safety issue. Worst case scenario, some small part comes loose. No big deal

·
Desert Rat
2,118 Posts
You guys need to get your minds out of the gutter and let mine roll by.....:rofl3::rofl3:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts