Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I posted earlier, I had lost quite a few mph on top end when i repalced my Baja Cross tires with a set of Reptile Radials of the same size as the stock ones. This morning the bike went 72-73mph on gps with the RR tires and this evening went 77-78mph:ride: with the BJC tires. :)

H

·
0 Posts
As long as it'll run faster top speed who cares if you like the tires..LOL sarcasm sorry.
I wouldn't base my tire choice soley on top speed but that's just me. I am kind of picky about tire weight though..so I guess I can't say too much :)
As said in the other thread the smaller diameter was responsible for the top speed reduction.

BTW where are you from..if you aren't from the SE it isn't a bike haha

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am from Northern Ontario. In regards to tire weight, the stock BJC weigh 33lbs in the front and 40lbs in the rear. the Reptile Radials weigh 33lbs in the front and are 37lbs in the rear. The RR do handle a lot better on the gravel roads. \they have a fair bit more side bite and help prevent the drifting at high speed around dirt of gravel corners. We run alot of gravel roads and back highways in my neck of the woods as well as bush trails.

H

·
0 Posts
My point is run the tires you like the best not those that net the most top speed..unless top speed is your #1 priority.

H

·
0 Posts
So if you put on 28's that weigh the same will it go faster???
Depends on whether the engine has the power to pull to the rev limiter after the effective ratio change...if so yes :) I'm betting it wont though lol.
He went to a tire smaller than stock diameter and lost top speed as indicated on GPS.hitting rev limiter with both tires..

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Unless you could find a really light set of 28in tires, my bet is that it wont have the power to turn them. my bike hits 75mph fairly quick but sure does take a long time to hitthe top speed or the limiter. I think you would need a good hill or a lot of tail windd to pull a higher top end speed

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
On hard surface the tread pattern on the Big horns will slow you down over the Baja Cross also.The Big horns have valleys they ride in and out of. Baja cross tires have a smooth un interupted center tread.The aggressive tread pattern will rob more horsepower up at top speed than the weight of the tires.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
On hard surface the tread pattern on the Big horns will slow you down over the Baja Cross also.The Big horns have valleys they ride in and out of. Baja cross tires have a smooth un interupted center tread.The aggressive tread pattern will rob more horsepower up at top speed than the weight of the tires.
Also, the Bighorn 2.0 are only 26inch tall as compared to the 27inch Tall BJC tires, thewrefore you will hit the rev limiter but wont be able to get your top speed

1 - 9 of 9 Posts