Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MCX-USA is proud to sell MC Xpress turbo kits. We partnered with this company years ago to supply the UTV market with a high performance and reliable turbo kit. We feel we have done this very well and are still happy to sell these products. We have RZR customers with over 5000 enjoyable and troublefree miles. We even have a Rhino customer with over 9000 miles the last time I heard.
Since videos show the performance increase better than anything else, we have used this method to show the increased performance. The Weber/MCX issue came about because of this. This was never our intention nor did we like the problems it caused. If you look in the videos, you will often see my personal RZR losing races. I will win some and lose some. But I am having fun and showing the performance of the turboed RZR against stockers or other modified units.
Not all RZRs are going to run the same. Whether it is with a turbo or not. The entire setup makes a lot of difference. Everyone should set up their RZR the way they want it to perform. We spend a lot of time on the phone with customers for just this reason.
We are very happy with the performance and reliability of our stage 1 turbo kits. We have many happy customers with troublefree miles.
This is what our business is about.

We created the stage 2 upgrade kit and followed it with the Stage2/big bore upgrade for those few people wanting more. These are no longer "gas and go" kits. These are for the people wanting to customize their kit to their liking. We supplied them with the parts to do so.

We then created the Apex swap to combine the two worlds. We feel the Apex swap is again a gas and go kit. This is designed for a high horsepower daily driver. But since the horsepower is 5 times that of what the RZR was designed for, the owner/driver should use some restraint in his driving style. I don't think the driveline will withstand abusive driving with this horsepower.
This kit is not for everyone due to its price and limitations.

If we could only sell one of these products, it would be our stage 1 kit. This is what most people want and "need." The average person does not need 5x the stock hp. Although we enjoy the high HP kits, it is more satisfying to make more customers happy with out Stage 1 kits.

And on a final note:
The current battle of our Apex kit and the other high HP kits does not mean anything to me. I built my RZR for my enjoyment. I will not risk it to win a race that does not mean anything to me. I will gladly race it. I will win some and lose some. But at the end of the day, I will have enjoyed my day.

I thank everyone that has supported this company and hope that you have been and continue to enjoy our product!

Trey Lokey
MCX-USA

·
Boats and ***s
3,184 Posts
Thanks for sharing your thoughts and concerns. I am sure members don't want a repeat of the Weber/MCX debate all over again.

The few times i met Trey, he has been a great person, happy to answer any questions I had about his products.

·
Registered
15,386 Posts
Thanks for sharing your point of view Trey.

We then created the Apex swap to combine the two worlds. We feel the Apex swap is again a gas and go kit. This is designed for a high horsepower daily driver. But since the horsepower is 5 times that of what the RZR was designed for, the owner/driver should use some restraint in his driving style. I don't think the driveline will withstand abusive driving with this horsepower.
This kit is not for everyone...
And thanks for creating the Apex swap. Friday at Glamis was the most fun I have had in my RZR. I pushed it hard and it performed great. I will try to use some restraint from now on... LOL

:ride:

·
Premium Member
430 Posts
Well said Trey, it's all about having fun at our own limits ( budget,speed, skills)
I have enjoyed over a 1000 miles boosted without 1 problem. Your kit rocks
Thank you. Michael

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
Trey I couldnt agree with you more. As a weber owner....I dont care about who is fastest....I had fun racing other Utvs but in the end I care more about whether or not my rzr will run good all day than whether I win or lose a drag race. I set mine up to be a daily driver as well and bc of that I have had great reliabilty and so much fun each time I go out.

I was very impressed with the Apex power and reliabilty. That's still a crapload of power but it holds up perfectly. I have also been impressed with the durability of your stage 1 kits over the years. I know a ton of people that have had your kit for a couple years and love the fact that it is turnkey everytime.

·
The Counselor
117 Posts
I'm in San Diego and interested in your products but I'm not clear on who in SD installs them. Is Off Road Warehouse in San Diego one of your dealers? It says so on your website but none of your products are listed on their website. If not, who in San Diego does installs of your products? Thanks.

·
◄►STARS & STRIPES◄►
3,832 Posts
Trey I wanted to say thanks, your post really help bring some "gravity" to the situation..it's easy to get caught up in always wanting the fastest. For those who don't know, he proved that point on the phone today when I was talking to him about setting up a car for the "Wounded Warrior Race Team", the question is how much is too much, I would love to get our team set up with the best and the fasted, but when I choose a driver who only has one leg and an injured navigator as well, do I really want to put them in something that you need to be so careful that you can't even put the peddle to the floor.. I've been thinking about our talk all day..In the end our race team will be brand new next year with no experience. I wouldn't risk my mens lives in the service and I won't do it now..I truly believe that I can run a turbo stage 1 for my personal machine, and our race team will look into stock or big bore classes..

What I am trying to say is that Trey was more interested in safety then making a 15-18k sale, and that says a lot for his character and a lot for his business practice.

Trey thank you for everything you do. This is not TV, we don't "live our live 1/4 mile at a time"....the Apex is a really cool machine, but if no respected will hurt someone bad, I have to agree on your philosophy about racing because when emotions get high and adrenalin kicks in, sometimes poor decisions are made...

I want to say thank you for all the information you gave me and for helping to make this Turbo drawing a reality..

Best of wishes,

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Trey, thanks!

you guys are here to support us with answer for all the questions. I can asure that MCX rocks. Two years turbo and the car still running strong..

1 - 20 of 26 Posts