Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 08 rzr with the factory S conversion on it. I have been hauling around the original front wheel for a spare. Well yesterday when I actually needed to use it, It didnt fit!! I bought the rzr like this, so I do not know all the details of the conversion, but why would the wheel Now rub on the brake caliper? And what inexpensive wheel can I use for spares for my rentals that wont do this? Any and all information is greatly appreciated.. Thanks

·
Registered
211 Posts
Look at the size of the tire you have as a spare. I am running stock aluminum wheels on my LE and I can't use a rear tire as a spare because it rubs on the caliper. I have a steel front wheel on the roof that I will use as a spare if I need it and can use it on any position just to get out. If you are sure it is a front tire...it should fit.

·
Premium Member
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Look at the size of the tire you have as a spare. I am running stock aluminum wheels on my LE and I can't use a rear tire as a spare because it rubs on the caliper. I have a steel front wheel on the roof that I will use as a spare if I need it and can use it on any position just to get out. If you are sure it is a front tire...it should fit.
thanks for the response, but I think whoever did the S conversion changed something. I tried the front tire off of my rzr4 on the front of my 08 and that rubbed too. They must have used different hubs or something. I have itp offset wheels on it now, and I think that is the only reason they dont rub. I guess i will just have to get a wheel spacer to use if I need to use that spare.

·
Registered
860 Posts
shoot, I just ordered a new front wheel to use as a spare on all corners for my "S" hope I dont have the same problem. I ordered a s/le wheel from emp

·
Premium Member
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
shoot, I just ordered a new front wheel to use as a spare on all corners for my "S" hope I dont have the same problem. I ordered a s/le wheel from emp
I hope not too. But honestly, I think if you have a stock setup, you wont have any issues. I guess mine isnt as stock as I once thought. If it makes you feel any better, the stock steel wheel off of the standard rzr worked just fine on my rzr4.. it didnt rub.. all the rubbing that i encountered on the other one rubbed on the wheel itself, and not the tire. I think you will be ok

·
Registered
999 Posts
Well if it doesnt fit yours I will take it off your hands for $25.00

1 - 8 of 8 Posts