Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is my review of my dealings with Procharger and Swingarm1……. I’ll start with my experience with swingarm1. Then I’ll get to the Procharger part.

The reason I am doing this is because when I decided to make my purchase I looked on this forum to get some feedback and see some reviews on the vendor. Everything I read about swingarm1 was great. I didn’t find anything bad so it seemed like a no brainer. Now that I’ve had a bad experience and shared my story with a few I have realized that someone needs to at least make sure everyone knows that all is not rosie in never never land. I am not the only one and I can assure you of that. I just don’t care what others think of me.

On July 26th I started a thread to see if anyone wanted to make me a good deal on a turbo. I had a trip planned August 10th and wanted it before then. I received a PM from Swingarm1 stating he would “make me a smoking deal on a Procharger SuperCharger. Here is my reply:

I dont know anything about the supercharges. Can you give me some details (hp, install time, tourque etc...)

What kind of price are we talking? I just sold a 600hp buggy so I need some power for my dune trip in 2 weeks.

Notice I said my trip was in two weeks.

His reply:

It makes 114 RWHP... This is a demo unit... No run time comes complete with instructions... Takes approximately 10 hrs. to install...

$4000.00 including shipping... The programmer is a PC 5 with Auto tune...

Sounds pretty good to me so I ask who’s kit it is so I can do a little research. He told me it is a Procharger kit. I did a little research and had a few more questions which he answered right away and I was fine with the answers.

I asked what the retail price is of the kit. His response:

This kit has all the options, it retails for $4899.00 + $429.00 for the auto tuner + $325.00 for the clutch + $76.00 shipping = $5730.00...

Sounded like a great deal for a demo kit that had “no run time”. That’s his words, not mine. I paid him right away. He said he would get it packaged up over the weekend and ship it out Monday 7/30. On 7/30 he sent out two boxes. And said the other two would be shipped the next day 7/31. On 8/8 I asked if he shipped the rest of my parts because I was leaving on Friday 8/10.

His response:

I hurt my back and haven't been able to take the last pieces off... I sent you a PM stating so... I'm going to try to get it off today and get it boxed and shipped... I apologize for the delay...

I didn’t receive any messages here on my email or a call stating he was hurt but it is what it is.

On 8/10 I emailed again:

My Pm:

Did you get it shipped out? I am leaving in 2 hours and will wait if it's going to show up?

If not, how bout a refund since I wont be able to use it on the last trip of the year and is the only reason I bought it so fast.

His Response:

It shipped today as I said I hurt my back and I apologize again... I'm human... The one way to look at it is you won't be rushed to install it... If there is anything you need during installation don't hesitate to PM me...

Thank you for your purchase...

He also sends me TWO tracking numbers.

At this point I’m not a happy camper. It’s not gonna be as fun as I hoped for my 10 day trip. I go on my trip and at some point ONE box shows up at my office. I get home and start to do some checking and there were never two boxes sent only one.

I start to install the kit and quickly found that there were a few parts missing. Nothing big but still missing. I email him again listing what was missing. He tells be he sent them and I must have thrown them away. And he did for get a couple small things. I get all of the parts to finish the install (had to make intake brackets, buy silicone connectors for the intercooler and some misc bolts. No biggie but they were not in the box. I also tell him I have not received the clutch parts (at this point it is 9/13). He says he will send the clutch parts out.

I continue to do the install and realize the Powercommander is for the wrong year. So I email again. He tells me that he told me it was for a 2011. Well as you might guess. We do not agree on that either. Why would I spend 4k on a used kit that I would have to replace the electronics on it.

Here is his response to the issue of it being for the wrong year:

9/24
Yes... Installed on a 2011 XP and I do remember telling you it was on a demo 2011 XP... That,s why you bought it at such a reduced price... You paid $1200.00 under what I sell them for with the clutch kit and auto tune new... That kit has less than 5 hrs on it...

I received the clutch parts on 9/25. There are 3 arms with adjustable weights in the box. I email him noting that 325.00 for three arms seems a little high and is not the “kit”.

His reply:

I don't set the prices...

My reply:

The funny thing is that the 325.00 is for weights, primary and secondary springs and helix? I talked to Walt from Procharger to confirm that. So wher are the rest of my parts.....

And his reply:

I sold you a demo kit and I've sent you everything from the demo kit... If you talked to Walt then he'll confirm I never received a helix or springs... You didn't pay retail you paid a reduced price for the demo SuperCharger...$1730.00 less than retail...

Like I told Tim. I bought a Demo kit because it was a great deal and had “no” run time. Not because I wanted an incomplete kit and wait three months to realize I have to go to the manufacture to get it resolved.

Review.
1) The product did not have “no run time”
2) It was missing intake brackets, 2 silicone elbows for the intercooler and supercharger bolts.
3) The Powercommander was for the wrong year
4) Missing clutch parts
5) Three months later and it still is not complete

He has not once offered to address any of the issues other than tell me that, “it was in the box and you must have thrown it away”, “it had less than 5 hours of run time”, “I told you it was the wrong year”, “you got the clutch parts that I got”, and “I hurt my back”.

Tim has been horrible to deal with. He does not realize that a customer is just that, the customer. I understand that a business cannot make everyone happy. But he has not even made an attempt. All he cared about was getting my money and making smart ass comments. Like I told him, I will not spend another penny with him, nor will any of my friends. That’s all I can do.

Procharger has been awesome. They have answered every question gotten me every part I needed and stayed in touch to make sure I was being taken care of. Heck they even gave me the missing clutch parts at no charge. If you have any questions about a procharger kit call Walt @ procharger (he may not like me giving his name but he’s the reason I haven’t lost it).

BUYER BEWARE Just my .02….

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
I've only seen one nasty reply. Mine was just saying I agree that the thread won't stay up long. I bought some axles from Swingarm and received them quickly.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Lets make sure this does not turn into something else. I just want to let a potential buyer know that it may not be as smooth as most transactions and they need to stay on top of things.

I also wanted to point out that PorCharger has been awsome to deal with. And people should at least give them a look becasue of their customer service.

·
Premium Member
1,282 Posts
Cek- sorry to hear you too have had problems i been trying to be very quiet on the forum for the past several months in regards to my bb stroker build fiasco.

But i too have had the same experiance as you have in regards to swingarm1 turning his back on the issue and turning a deaf ear to the problem.

Like you the mfg. Stepped up and has been trying to resolve and at least responding to my numerous calls and email's over the months. Still not resolved but i feel at least there is hope and they are concern and wish to fix the issue.

Brother i feel your pain!

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Cek- sorry to hear you too have had problems i been trying to be very quiet on the forum for the past several months in regards to my bb stroker build fiasco.

But i too have had the same experiance as you have in regards to swingarm1 turning his back on the issue and turning a deaf ear to the problem.

Like you the mfg. Stepped up and has been trying to resolve and at least responding to my numerous calls and email's over the months. Still not resolved but i feel at least there is hope and they are concern and wish to fix the issue.

Brother i feel your pain!
I think the one thing we both have found out, and that all of the other members should know, is that this forum does have good manufactures willing to stand behind their product and help out when they can. Even if one of their vendors fails them.

·
Registered
6,231 Posts
Two complaints out of hundreds of customers served by Swingarm1...goes to show you can't please everyone... just my .02

·
Registered
83 Posts
Thanks so much for the heads up guys, info greatly appreciated and I do hope that this thread doesn't get taken down.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Two complaints out of hundreds of customers served by Swingarm1...goes to show you can't please everyone... just my .02
Would you be pleased with the same outcome that either one of these guys had? I'd bet you wouldn't either..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
322 Posts
I have dealt with Swingarm and it was a great experiance and deal for me. I was impressed with his way of doing business, but problems are gonna happen ever now and again. Good luck getting your RZR up and running like you want.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I am sure there are two sides to every story but someone coming forth with the truth can never hurt. This kind of thing should never happen if you are in business to sale things. Hopefully he learns something from it because I know I have. He won't be getting any of my business. Life is to short to deal with these kinds of issues. Thanks for letting us know your problems with him.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.