Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks really nice and I bet it didn't cost what some of these carriers cost either.
Not really, I had most of the stuff already. Probably have about 6hrs of fab time into it. And lots of thinking hours for the how I was going to do the latch so it wouldnt rattle.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Looks good. Just curious, what's the reason behind the swinging arm?

·
Registered
808 Posts
While the tire rack is cool, the more important question is, is that the 8 gallon Actionpacker ya have in the back?

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
While the tire rack is cool, the more important question is, is that the 8 gallon Actionpacker ya have in the back?
no If I remember it was a 24 gallon. It fits nice and use the bed bolts to hold down. I also used a heat gun to form the rear corners of the box to fit better.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I found it at target on clearance. It was cheep compared to some of the other boxes out there. I also have a large cooler inside that only takes up about half the space.

·
Registered
808 Posts
I'll have to see how big the 8 gallon is in comparison. I don't need a whole bunch of storage. But if i think the 24 is a better size, have heat gun, will melt.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Nice tire carrier. I am planning on adding a rear section like yours to my cage but all of the retail tire carriers would make accessing my Action Packer very difficult. I am planning on making one like yours. I am glad you made it first; now I have a visual on what I need to make. Nice Job! Not meaning to hijack this thread but the action packer 24qt is great. I hold it down with a central home-made L&R bolt and two U-Bolts through the back up top to the cross member on the stock cage....that baby isn't going anywhere and is quick to remove. Some caveats: I silicone sealed all perforations I made through the box to prevent water intrusion. Although I didn't get rain inside the box dust went right under the lid and made a mess of my goodies. I added twin-tube rubber weather stripping and now the box is water and dust-proof.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts