Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Rzr spy
2,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, Thanks to Redfish for pointing me in this direction and thanks to other members who helped while I was in a couple pickles with this install, my new stereo is up and running!!!

After 3 years with my RZR, you tend to find stengths and weaknesses. Overall my stereo was good. It was the Polaris / Jensen one they offered. The only drawback for me was the dust and water contamination that finally killed the head unit. Also, I wasn't jazzed about having my Ipod mounted remotely (more holes, more cables, and the ipod was exposed.

Now, I have a nice (read: conservative looking) head unit. It has a big screen, is completely sealed, and my ipod is concealed in the head unit safe from the elements. I highly recommend this unit. You can find the new version on Amazon or ebay for about $275. My unit came with a waterproof wired remote (it's about the size of the gauge cluster) that I might mount in the back somewhere (one battle at a time tho!) Thx again to all!

·
Rzr spy
2,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got a PM from a member named Alan asking about the durability of this unit. I can't say cuz I just installed it. BUT, my non-sealed jensen marine unit lasted 145 hrs so I can only imagine this will really last. Also, it's protecting my $200 ipod, so ur getting a 2fer1 kinda. Keep in mind, this unit is SEALED and it houses the ipod.

My conditions here in AZ are all dust (really fine chit) and virtually NO water but I do hose the rzr off, so let that be ur guide...........

I think SXS Customs sells these, too. I woulda checked their prices but I picked this one up off CL for CHEAP!!! I only had to drive 2 minutes to pick it up, too....

·
Rzr spy
2,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Oldschool here.... Piece of Mind
Although we all have our favorites, isn't all Maiden good??? (Assuming ur a Maiden fan of course)

Had some questions pm'd to me and I'm answering here so all can maybe benefit:

The Fusion system IS Sirius ready.

It DOES NOT need an amp especially if you don't need super loud. I have two 15" speakers hooked up to it and no amp. It doesn't start sounding distorted til you get way up there in volume.

Fusion does not have the capability to play any other MP3 or Music phone (Internally). They may have head units with the aux jack in the front. This head unit HAS the aux RCA's in the back, so anything is possible there.

I would say if you are getting the tunes for you and ur passenger, this setup will work well. If u are getting the tunes to get attention at Glamis and impress everyone, then get an amp.

This setup (underdash) works well for me cuz I want to drive open top sometimes and don't want any crap above me. There are pro's and cons, however, to above mount and underdash.........

Lastly, the mount I used is the one sold by Polaris. It's about $60 and screws directly underneath the dash area as seen in the pic.

Post any other questions here.....

·
Registered
117 Posts
I am glad you posted this. I have been looking for something different for my new RZR. I almost pulled the trigger on an all in one overhead system but didn't really want anything overhead. Couple questions...

How does the iPod connect? Does the face open?

What is the newer version? Is it the MS-IP600G?

Now I have to make a decision what is more important, the hard glove box that comes with the 2011 RZR or the pods for the speakers.

Thanks again.

·
Rzr spy
2,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I am glad you posted this. I have been looking for something different for my new RZR. I almost pulled the trigger on an all in one overhead system but didn't really want anything overhead. Couple questions...

How does the iPod connect? Does the face open?

What is the newer version? Is it the MS-IP600G?

Now I have to make a decision what is more important, the hard glove box that comes with the 2011 RZR or the pods for the speakers.

Thanks again.
I'll try to post more pics later of the face open and stuff, but yes, the face opens, the ipod slides in snugly and actually plugs in thru it's bottom (it is connected AND charging).

Yes, I believe the 600 series is the newest.

AND, ur in luck.......I believe the right polaris speaker pod is updated and mounts lower to accomodate the glove box..............It's good to be you!!!:hihi:

·
Rzr spy
2,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That is awesome! I am sold. Thanks for the info. I will have to look into Polaris's pods. I was looking into the SSV ones and I was told they don't fit. I will be ordering shortly.

Thanks again.
I think most would like this system. Not sure of the prices on all those overhead units with amps, but seems more show than go......

·
Registered
243 Posts
I personally have siruis in mine that I can move from the truck to the rzr and can not be happier with it. I run on a lot of trails with a lot of trees overhead and have had little problems. Sometimes it will cut out for a brief second or two but that is about it.

I really like your setup and how clean it is with the ipod on the inside...

·
Rzr spy
2,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I personally have siruis in mine that I can move from the truck to the rzr and can not be happier with it. I run on a lot of trails with a lot of trees overhead and have had little problems. Sometimes it will cut out for a brief second or two but that is about it.

I really like your setup and how clean it is with the ipod on the inside...
Sounds cool on ur sat radio! I may have to look into that........good to know!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.