Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here are a few vids of my first trip to Glamas. There is no music, it is basically raw footage. It was a blast though. I didn't have any paddles on my rzr but it did surprisingly well. When I was doing this ride it was still a 50 in rzr. :redrzr:

Some of them are long because I didn't edit anything out. The vids were for myself and the people who went to watch some of the rides we went on.

This was my first ride out. Paul took me out in the small dunes by our camp to show me how to drive on them and to get used to it. It was also my first test of my GoPro to see how it works and if I had it mounted in a good spot.

This was a trip we took from our camp to Oldsmobile hill and back. A banshee that was riding with us broke a spark plug so we called it short and headed back.

This one is just me messing around following my buddy in his rzr 4 1000.

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
I haven't watched the other videos yet but that (1st video) was an awesome ride!!!! So much space, WOW, and the sand looked perfect. That's on my bucket list for sure!! Where did you start from/camp?/temps/time of year/sun up or sun down..lol? Sorry for all the questions, but that was just spectacular!! Your friend really had Great lines through the dunes :)
Thanks so much for sharing!!!
P.S., I put some Joe Bonamassa on for music :) It's all good, unedited was just fine, some times it's better that way :)

But..... See what you think of J.B. Turn down the sound on the first vid, start it then start the J.B, vid with sound up, repeat......... not a way for me to tell you how to post, just how I listened to it, and wanted to turn you on to JB for turning me on to a Great Glamis vid, ...lol, Peace!!!

·
Registered
41,101 Posts
I haven't watched the other videos yet but that (1st video) was an awesome ride!!!! So much space, WOW, and the sand looked perfect. That's on my bucket list for sure!! Where did you start from/camp?/temps/time of year/sun up or sun down..lol? Sorry for all the questions, but that was just spectacular!! Your friend really had Great lines through the dunes :)
Gregg your XP 900 will be on auto pilot if you ever bring it back to Glamis...:) :) :)

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
The camp we were at was I think wash 19.

We went on november 16 to the 19th. When we first got there the wind had just kicked up so we unpacked and waited for the sand to die down some. It made all the sand around our camp really nice.I don't remember the temps so it was not to bad at all. One of the days I had on a sewtter but it was because I didnt wan to get sun burned.

Paul was the leader the hole time we were there. He has been going to the dunes for a long time. It was a blast and I can't wait until I go back.

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
Gregg your XP 900 will be on auto pilot if you ever bring it back to Glamis...:) :) :)
LOL, That would be great!!! If we can ever get there, maybe you can be our guide!!!:ride::ride:

We went on november 16 to the 19th. When we first got there the wind had just kicked up so we unpacked and waited for the sand to die down some. It made all the sand around our camp really nice.I don't remember the temps so it was not to bad at all. One of the days I had on a sewtter but it was because I didnt wan to get sun burned.

Paul was the leader the hole time we were there. He has been going to the dunes for a long time. It was a blast and I can't wait until I go back.
Where did you camp? Thanks for the info!!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks im glad you enjoyed it.

I think the imperial dunes are about 25 miles long and 7 miles wide. There is a ton of space.

The camp we were at was wash 19. There wasn't to many people there which made it nice.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Glad you liked it and had a good leader----- to many newbies wreck the first time out!!! Stay in his tracks and keep the same speed and you should be good.

Gotta Love Mother Glamis.......I have been going almost 30 years.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh I wrecked, but it wasn't bad I just put my rzr on its side. Unfortunately I didn't have the GoPro running at the time so I didn't get it recorded.

·
Premium Member
1,302 Posts
Now your hooked!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts