Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up my first ATV/UTV ever on Thursday. Already put over 80 miles on it - maybe 90 even.
:camorzr:
Even though I ride with another vehicle and the other vehicle is equipped with a pump and patch kit etc in case we get a flat, I would like to run with a spare tire.
Is there another way to securely carry a spare tire other than buying the extended roll cage and a tire mount (which ends up at $400 + IIRC, not including the spare tire?
I do have a lockable trunk on my Rzr now - would hate to lose that.
I have heard of mounting on to a metal roof; but I think those roofs are expensive!

·
Registered
223 Posts
You can always have a local Welding shop fabricate a bracket that mounts in your trailer hitch and stablize it off your rear bumper, but remember the tail pipe puts out enough heat to melt through a tie down ratchet strap, I learned that the hard way :)

Anyway welcome to the site, which LE you get ? I have a 2013 Blue Fire LE 50 inch on order, man I hate the wait.

·
Registered
223 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
223 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I tend to agree with that. And it is easily removed compared to the huge rack I would bet. That is good for me because this is also used on the farm.
If a long distance desert runner I think the added cage/cargo racks is the way to go.

·
Registered
25 Posts
The Tusk rear rack fit my 2012 after i removed the rear portion of the bed extention. If you have aluminium rims its a good idea to carry a spare. I have yet to get a hole in a tire i couldnt patch, but have managed to crack two stock LE rims. I have since switced to itp steel.

·
Registered
244 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the input. That is good to know its fits the '13. I went with the bed mount from UTVInc, but I was real tempted to get the cage!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts