Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, too the primary off to change the bearing. Took it to someone to have them seperate the 2 halfs and this is what we found....I didnt know there was supposed to be a platic bushing below the bearing. It must have disinegrated and the bearing wore a groove...

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
Don't know that the clutch is unusable. There are quite a few threads on removing the plastic spacer. It may be that you just need to clean up the rear sheave, replace the bearing, and reassemble it. The flyweight bolts wear, so its good to replace them periodically.

Other thoughts?

Pirate

·
Banned
904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pirate, I had 3 independant polaris techs so far say that the bearing wore the groove to far for it to be usuable. I ordered a new one earlier. Was going to replace the sheave with a used one that had other issues, but all three of them said dont do it because I will have balancing issues. Also, what would removing the plastic washer accomplish? That would cause the bearing to ride against the sheave causing the damage I have. I will try to find those threads.

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
Wren,

This is also a perfect time to put in a one-way bearing and get EBS.

I did mine a year ago and it works great!!!

The Polaris PN for the one-way bearing is: 1520836

Pirate

·
Banned
904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That was the other thing I was going to do with the clutch. I actually have the bearing sitting here already. However, I really dont need it and if I return it, thats damn near $80 off on the clutch. I actually have him checking in the morning to see if it will be possible to order a clutch that has it already..

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
Mike,

Yes, the primary clutch for a Polaris Sportsman 800 is the same as the RZR 800 and comes with the one way bearing. That's how I got my first one. A member posted that he had bought the Sportsman 800 EBS clutch kit. I did the same. Now have an extra driven clutch.

Since then I have purchased the tools from Starting Line Products to be able to change out the bearing myself.

Try it. I think you'll find you really like having EBS in a RZR.

Pirate

1 - 6 of 6 Posts