Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Changing the subject back to intermittant AWD..I have lost the Low gear selection on my speedo screen. Cleaned the resistor pack (it was dirty as sin) and used light sandpaper to clean all the contacts.(Dielectric greased it but tested it first) I run the diagnostic in the Gear Circuit Diagnostic and get good resistances in ecerything except Low. When putting it in low it goes up to 5 dashes and then fluctuates between 2750 and 3350 for no apparent reason. Do you guys think I may have a shorted wire somewhere? Or do you think it may be that hard to reach gear position wire???

Help....I don't want to bring it to the dealer...

·
Registered
65 Posts
A quick update....pulled the bed off (Takes 5 minutes tops now) and checked the shift position cable. Cleaned it (didn't look dirty but had a small amount of transmission fluid on it???) and put it back on. Did the resistance test and same result. No Low on speedo selector. What do you guys think? Bad cable? Bad resistor pack?

·
Mad Scientist
1,247 Posts
a little dab of dialectric grease on those contacts will lubricate it and make it last longer too.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Johnnycat8 I know it’s been a long time but could you get pictures of everything by chance? My rzr is having this problem with the high gear not showing and I’d like to fix it myself but am not nearly as good at this as you. I can’t find any diagrams showing where these switches and sensors are. Thanks

21 - 32 of 32 Posts