Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Ok.. As I have new fuel pump & new injectors... I think i'll buy a new FPR (Fuel Pump Regulator) Maybe that is the culprit ?

·
Aspiring Perfectionist
3,128 Posts
You hadn’t mentioned you had new injectors too... are they factory?

I’m not sure if those have a regulator or not, but if they do, it’s on the fuel rail and you’d need to replace the whole rail

You can keep throwing parts at it if you want, but I’d check fuel pressure regardless of anything at this point

Sent from my iPhone using RZRForums.net

·
Registered
393 Posts
You better get a book, check the Valve Timing, Chain could have skipped a couple teeth, it is easy to check, not so easy to adjust.

·
Registered
393 Posts
You really need to stop and rethink the hole process and do some troubleshooting, you are buying a lot of parts, sometimes throwing enough parts at it works, it is not a good practice. Maybe take a day or two break,
List all the things you have done with any results (Example: Compression, you have done it and know the results). You have Air, Fuel, Spark and Timing. A clogged Air Filter will not give you a code, nor will Valve Timing or Clutch Settings so you can't always rely on Codes. Your Tuner Should log Data for you, you can get a lot of info from there. You can do a lot of reading, it is worth it, YouTube can be good but keep in mind that half the info on there is wrong so you have to watch a few videos then come to your own conclusion. I am not knocking you, you are doing great, just trying to help.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I'm doing my best guys....... Sadly, I am new to RZR's and new to the area so the only way I know how is 'throw parts' at it - BUT in a calculated fashion and by working through process of elimination - Which also helps me learn the machine.... To recap i have done :-

COMPRESSION WAS 179 PSI ON BOTH - At Sea Level (I am at 2,500 above)
(Leak down now not necessary)

NEW OEM POLARIS AIR FILTER
NEW OIL
NEW OIL FILTER
NEW NGK IRIDIUM PLUGS
NEW SPARK PLUG WIRES
NEW SPARK PLUG WIRING
NEW BOSCH MAF SENSOR
NEW WELLER RACING PIGTAIL HARNESS WIRING
NEW INJECTORS
NEW INJECTOR CONNECTORS
NEW ALL-BALLS FUEL PUMP
NEW 91 FUEL
NEW FUEL CLEANER ADDITIVE
NEW ALBA RACE 91 TUNE

Belt looks good. (Clutch Issue - No idea)
Air intakes are clear
Exhaust is clear
Fuel rail clear
Fuel line and vent line clear - No kinks etc.

Based on smell and symptons - It HAS to be a FUEL issue............... So, NEW FUEL PRESSURE REGULATOR ON THE WAY ($29)
(Which I believe is a OEM swap out directly onto the rail)

Failing that......... A Fuel Controller to 'Lean Up' the engine some x Alba

·
Registered
393 Posts
Make sure the Vent to your Gas Tank is not blocked and check the Valve Timing. If you have DropBox I think I can put a Manual out there for you.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #32 (Edited)
Hi guys. Most recent update..

Diagnostic check done at dealer. Showed nothing + still no codes. Still runs rough, bad idle and rich / weak power

I had my new fuel pump & fuel pressure both checked and they are OK.... (that + compression rechecked ok and new plugs / injectors / harness / tmap sensor/& 91gas + new OEM air filter + no blockages). sooooo...

** This week I AM having Timing checked, ... then if that’s ok, I’ll do a clutch inspection. ** :-/

will update again in a few days ...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
01/08/20 UPDATE : Just been advised timing was off (*by 180degrees) fortunately NO motor issues happened as a result - thank goodness . Chain was loose (stretched) and had jumped .... Apparently it runs 10x better

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
14's had issues with the injector wires. You might check to see if the recall has been done. (I think there was a recall). Otherwise you might try a new injector wire harness. It was a known issue with some 2014's

edit: n/m you figured it out.
Make sure you never turn the primary clutch the wrong direction so this does not happen again. (don't ever rotate it clockwise)

·
MPDano
64 Posts
This is a great post. So your repair shop, replaced your timing chain? What about the chain tensioner? The strange thing on this thread is the rzr was running but rich, etc. 180 degrees off, it should not have run at all. I'm chasing the same symptoms as you, same year also, lol.

Maybe post what the repair shop put on your invoice, not cost, just what they did.

·
MPDano
64 Posts
Fixed mine. Had to pull the stator cover and stator as my chain was not properly on the crank gear. No way to try and wiggle into place from the cylinder head. Put it on time, new Tusk tensioner. Verified valves in spec. Sealed her up and she fired right up. Now off to other things to sort out but I'm super stoked.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My 2016 was acting the same way. Checked fuel pressure...low at around 15psi. Bought a new fuel pump from Rocky Mountain ATV.
ALL BALLS Complete Fuel Pump Module $179.96
Runs perfect.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts