Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We purchased a 2011 RZR4 LE today and I'm wondering what accessories are "Must Have". The parts guy listed of these:

Top - I agree, we will probably get the soft top
Half Windshield - Does this help much?
Storage box - I like the looks of the one that covers the whole back, but too much $$
Spare Tire and Rack - yea, a flat would suck, but the combo is $400-$500

I've read several threads about the TS seats and they do look nice.

We are probably not going to get crazy in the RZR, we have ATVs and motorcycles for that :)

Thanks

·
Banned
399 Posts
Once you start going on rides with the rzr4 the poor atv's are going to collect dust and your bank account is going to get smaller because all your going to want is cool stuff for the rzr4.

·
glamisdunes*****
3,646 Posts
Storage box
WENCH
TWO WAY COMM SYSTEM (RUGGED ) WITH I POD CONN.
TOW ROPE
SPARE BELT AND TOOLS TO CHANGE IT
KEEP A CHECK ON YR OIL

·
Registered
304 Posts
I'm thinking about getting a half windshield for my rzr. Do they really work? I'm on the fence about it. I only do dune riding. Can someone give me some insight and if it really works. :camorzr:

·
Registered
178 Posts
I'm thinking about getting a half windshield for my rzr. Do they really work? I'm on the fence about it. I only do dune riding. Can someone give me some insight and if it really works. :camorzr:
If you're going to get a windshield i would get the half. Once they get dusty you can't see though them. Atleast with the half you can see over the top. I'm glad i didn;t make the mistake of buying the full. I also just started adding a lot of billet to my Rzr. Steering wheel being the 1 i am most pleased with. The side mirrors add a nice touch as well.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Once you start going on rides with the rzr4 the poor atv's are going to collect dust and your bank account is going to get smaller because all your going to want is cool stuff for the rzr4.
I totally agree. I haven't been to the dunes yet with mine, and i know my quad is just going to sit. Just cruising around the desert here is a blast. I can't imagine how much fun the dunes will be. The fact that you can bring others along is what really makes these things so great. Price to pay for every seat thats filled though.

As far as accessories are concerned...

(1) Half Windshield
(2) Top
(3) Steering Wheel (Billet of course)
(4) Mirrors... Did i say billet :)
(5) Trunk with racks to hold extra fuel/cooler. Plus i think the smaller trunk looks so much better.
(6) Billet Shifter
(7) 4/5 Point Harnesses
(8) Turbo or BB Kit... Both would be nice ;)

More than likely you will spend a crap load of cash so just plan on getting everything. It's very addiciting.

Good luck!

·
Registered
7,130 Posts
If you ride mountain trails with trees, get the Hard Plastic top. You won't regret it. Put an LED hockey puck light up there for finding stuff or reading a map. The half windshield is awesome, year-round. Go to wallytown, and get a Rubbermaid tub with the locking lid, $25.00. A tote 12 cooler will fit right next to it for drinks etc. And a fire extinguisher!

·
Boats and ***s
3,184 Posts
lol, just like my atvs collect dust:ride:

·
Registered
109 Posts
This is the top that I like. It is made by Dirt Performance. They only made this one but they say they haven't figured out how to ship it yet so no prices, unless you wnat to pick it up from their shop. Call Rylan at (423) 539-0226.

·
www.rockmidgetphotography
304 Posts
Ugh, I hate diamond plate. Looks cheap to me. If that was regular aluminum.....

As for the 1/2 windshield, I don't like any windshield if there is dust. They just cause a vortex and make it worse. 1/2's are a bit better, but they still aggravate the problem.

I need a winch mount. I have a winch, but no mount. I am on the fence about getting a bumper/winch combo. I wheel a lot a tree trails fast and if go off the trail, all this pretty plastic is going to be gone....

·
Registered
109 Posts
Fine I don't like the diamond plate plain but if it was powder coated black it should be ok. I wouldn't care if it was black plastic I just like the straight lines better than the zig zag of the Polaris roof I have now.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
If you're going to get the half windshield, do yourself a favor and order one of these:

UTV Tech

It was WAY worth the $50. It allows the windshield to sit off of the plastics which prevents dust from scratching the plastics, and if you raise it 2" above the hood, it helps to circulate air through the "cabin" of your RZR to get rid of dust on dusty rides.

Other than that, Top, Windshield, and 4 Point harnesses (some say 5, but I don't really see the added benefit of the 5th point, other than being uncomfortable.)

Good luck, and enjoy the ride!

·
Registered
7 Posts
This is the top that I like. It is made by Dirt Performance. They only made this one but they say they haven't figured out how to ship it yet so no prices, unless you wnat to pick it up from their shop. Call Rylan at (423) 539-0226.

I don't think he wants to build any of these. I called him excited about his roof twice last week as we are heading out vacationing/riding very near him so shipping would not have been a problem. He said he indeed was interested in selling them and would call me back with a price on Thursday. No call back Thursday, since I am scheduled to head south to his area (and excited about his roof) I tried calling him four times from Thursday through yesterday and he no longer answers his phone. It has been my experience treatment like this can easily lead to recieving product that will not be delivered when promised and if there is a problem no one to stand behind their product. Bad way to treat a possible customer and I am no longer excited about his roof.:rm_thumbdown::rm_thumbdown:

·
Banned
5,672 Posts
for the diamond plate or brushed aluminum look try vinyl on the appropriated areas. it can be done tastefully here and there.

one of the best toy haulers i looked at used it with an overlam throughout the hauler over less expensive substrate. they sure pulled it off well, pretty cool. think out of the box sometimes. buy small pieces from a local sign shop.

keeping to this thread though....

Attachments

·
Registered
109 Posts
I don't think he wants to build any of these. I called him excited about his roof twice last week as we are heading out vacationing/riding very near him so shipping would not have been a problem. He said he indeed was interested in selling them and would call me back with a price on Thursday. No call back Thursday, since I am scheduled to head south to his area (and excited about his roof) I tried calling him four times from Thursday through yesterday and he no longer answers his phone. It has been my experience treatment like this can easily lead to recieving product that will not be delivered when promised and if there is a problem no one to stand behind their product. Bad way to treat a possible customer and I am no longer excited about his roof.:rm_thumbdown::rm_thumbdown:
Well I'm sorry to hear that I guess he doesn't need the business after all. When I called all he said was he couldn't ship. I don't blame you for not wanting to do business with someone that does that.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts