Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My musical interests run the gamut from early cajun/creole/zydeco sounds to blues to doo-wopp to heavy and thrash metal. I even love old 30s and 40s movie tunes and big band. Music is a wonderful thing.

I have been contemplating putting a sound system in my RZR and wonder what I'll be playing out there in the desert if I do.

Maybe a little Willie and Merle?

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Jeez I had to add an extra "p" to doo-wopp to get past the racial algorithms and filters on the forum apparently. Good grief.

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
I love that old accept album, balls to the wall is a great jam lol.. Lucky for me that wifey and I both have very expansive tastes in music, so rzr jams must be something we both like. Our riding tunes usually consist of sound garden, anything with Chris Cornell, Queen, Pumpkins, green day, Genesis, ect..
She will not ride without tunes. One time our stereo went out and I got to listen to her bitch the whole weekend, never again.. The following week I bought a replacement for our MTX system from RzrJoe, problem solved.. :)

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I love that old accept album, balls to the wall is a great jam lol.. Lucky for me that wifey and I both have very expansive tastes in music, so rzr jams must be something we both like. Our riding tunes usually consist of sound garden, anything with Chris Cornell, Queen, Pumpkins, green day, Genesis, ect..
She will not ride without tunes. One time our stereo went out and I got to listen to her bitch the whole weekend, never again.. The following week I bought a replacement for our MTX system from RzrJoe, problem solved.. :)
Right on! I thank my dad for my range of musical tastes. I grew up in a house where on any given evening one could hear anything from Petula Clark or The Platters to Pink Floyd or Iron Butterfly playing. I can find something to like about most genres if I listen long enough.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Ha! Love music on the trails. Doubt you’ll find a more diverse play list than mine. Any where from classical to punk rock for me. I like listening to certain music on certain trails-

The last time I rode with joe was on Waldens Ridge. And while he was spotting me over the rocks, I had Beethoven’s Moonlight Sonata playing at low volume.... it was the perfect music for that trail and on that day.

However, I’m most fond of the 90’s grunge (Alice in Chains, Nirvana, Stone Temple Pilot’s, Bush, Pear Jam, offspring ect...) Now those are some tunes that you can ride by!! Hammering down on the skinny pedal, lofting over water breaks, having to making split second decisions on which line to choose - instant destruction if you make the wrong choice. Gosh just thinking about it gave me goose bumps — Now that is what gets my adrenaline going.

Different strokes for different folks I suppose

·
6,413 Posts
I just upgraded to the paid version of spotify, and never knew what I was missing. Its great. I've been working on a master playlist of favorites that has about 9k songs on it already.

AND....I really want this for the trail. We built this custom General for a country singer on Destination Polaris, and we worked with ProBox to put a full PA unit in it. I could put on a show in the middle of the trail! It was awesome.

·
Registered
768 Posts
I just upgraded to the paid version of spotify, and never knew what I was missing. Its great. I've been working on a master playlist of favorites that has about 9k songs on it already.

AND....I really want this for the trail. We built this custom General for a country singer on Destination Polaris, and we worked with ProBox to put a full PA unit in it. I could put on a show in the middle of the trail! It was awesome.
Spotify is Rad!! Download your playlist and bam music anywhere!!

·
Registered
'18 XPT2
696 Posts
It's funny this topic came up. At the dunes last weekend sitting around the fire, I had my Spotify playlist going and everyone was making comments about my music. Heavy metal to country to 80's alternative to ragae to songs I don't even know what genre they're apart of. Love me some good music

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
Ha! Love music on the trails. Doubt you’ll find a more diverse play list than mine. Any where from classical to punk rock for me. I like listening to certain music on certain trails-

The last time I rode with joe was on Waldens Ridge. And while he was spotting me over the rocks, I had Beethoven’s Moonlight Sonata playing at low volume.... it was the perfect music for that trail and on that day.

However, I’m most fond of the 90’s grunge (Alice and Chains, Nirvana, Stone Temple Pilot’s, Bush, Pear Jam, offspring ect...) Now those are some tunes that you can ride by!! Hammering down on the skinny pedal, lofting over water breaks, having to making split second decisions on which line to choose - instant destruction if you make the wrong choice. Gosh just thinking about it gave me goose bumps — Now that is what gets my adrenaline going.

Couldn't agree more, certain tunes for certain trails. I think my wife subliminaly controls the speed (my foot) with the song choices, its crazy lol..

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

However, I’m most fond of the 90’s grunge (Alice and Chains, Nirvana, Stone Temple Pilot’s, Bush, Pear Jam, offspring ect...) Now those are some tunes that you can ride by!! Hammering down on the skinny pedal, lofting over water breaks, having to making split second decisions on which line to choose - instant destruction if you make the wrong choice. Gosh just thinking about it gave me goose bumps — Now that is what gets my adrenaline going.

Hey maybe a little Clash - Combat Rock while hammerin' down the pedal. I could go for that.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Motivating music for the trails, a wide range mix of music for the camp site

1 - 20 of 87 Posts