Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
<<< My personal RZR jack
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a question that i've been asking myself for a while now... I am like a lot of people here not to happy with the noise of the rzr and read alot of different way to muffle the exhaust but... Why can't we modify a small muffler from let's say a smart, a toyota echo or any small motorcycle that is quiet and have it fit a rzr? Seems like it would not be to much of a problem for a muffler shop to bend and weld pipes to fit and have a lower, nicer noise output. What do you think guys?

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Sounds good, I just posted some pics in the budget mods thread of I baffle I made.
But a muffler adaption might work well too.:popcorn:

·
rzr4mud
55 Posts
Don't see your posted pics Quadnkev. Where are they?

·
<<< My personal RZR jack
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well i've done the mod's on my muffler. i added a 10 '' long resonator in the straight pipe just behind the muffler. I re-installed the heat shield and took some dB measurements before and after the mod's. I went down 4 dB when i'm sitting on the driver seat and lost 3 dB when behind 3 feets away from my RZR. i used the same dB instrument for both test and from what i understand it's almost 30 to 40 % less noise. it's seems that way anyway. i tried it a bit and it sounds like most of the annoying rumble at 30 to 40 kph is gone... i will try it for the long run tomorrow and let you know.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts