Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In east Texas both at Jacksonville.

Anyone going to either or both?

·
Registered
363 Posts
I will not be able to attend either, I work both weekends. Uuugghhh, the glorious life in the oil field.
However, were planning a ride to river run Oct 5-7.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Mudstock

So sayeth the RZR DAWG!

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah all my group wants to go to mudstock. Which I'm not against just not so big on big smo though.

The bird sayeth that thy swamp donkey patrol shall gathereth on the said event of MudStock!

Sorry I'm really tired and delirious from work. Still gotta finish my LEDs and speakers...

Never ends.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
It looks like we will be going to Party at the Parks at Tower Trax instead of Mudtoberfest. Its the same weekend, but my group wants to go there instead. That's a bit far for you though.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just a little bit farther!!!

Hopefully it rains close to the event to make for some good riding.

If anyone has any tips on where to ride out at river run, post em up.

I still want to make the marsh/swamp trail think its known as lost trail?

·
Registered
363 Posts
You can actually access the swamp off the power lines. Turn left when you get to the power lines, go about half way to the top of the hill and turn left into the swamp....it'll come out by the main gate.

Pole cat run is a very nice trail, we also hang out at crazy 8, pebble beach, and 5 corners area gator marsh. 5 corners has some long winding trails through different types of terrain. Be careful back there, you can get lost and turned around pretty easy of you don't know you way.
I know this park like the back of my hand. By far my favorite park to ride. Not to mention I have been going there for the past 7 years.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah I have no idea what or where any of those are!!!

I need a tour guide!

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've seen videos I the swamp so I haw a general idea.

Anyone wana point out on a map or describe where or how to get to these areas?

I would greatly appreciate the help!

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
How deep are some of these areas?

·
Registered
75 Posts
The last time I was there was back in June. We had a pretty rainy spring, so the park was great. There were a few deep spots especially on the swamp trail. However, as usual we had a pretty hot and dry summer, and I understand the park is somewhat dry, so pray for rain between now and then.

That being said, we had an extreme drought last year and MudStock was still awesome because they pumped water nonstop from their wells for about 2 weeks leading up to the event flooding the park.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
My snorks are just over 5'.
Yeah the trucks scare me, they have huge tires that would swallow my rzr probably!

Anyone have a map of wheres what? I have the basic map they give out but none of these places or trails I hear of.

·
Registered
363 Posts
My snorks are just over 5'.
Yeah the trucks scare me, they have huge tires that would swallow my rzr probably!

Anyone have a map of wheres what? I have the basic map they give out but none of these places or trails I hear of.
One word of caution.....the pits on the highlines are torn up pretty bad, I wouldn't go in them if I were you. As far as the other ares are concerned....man, wow, it's difficult to explain how to get to these places. Some aren't on that ancient map of the park. There's soooo many places that aren't on there.

Pole cat run----go to powerlines, turn left, go just past the sand drag lanes and veer right. Stay on that trail until it'll make you turn right. Follow it all the way straight when you get to the BIG holes. (They are very deep), so go around them. Follow the main trail in there, you should ride along side a barbed wire fence on your left side....the property boundary. You should come back out on the trail that takes you to the pig pond by the pump jack.
I wish I could download a map and color it with a different pencil to show you routes to get to places. Without an updated map, it's impossible.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I've seen videos I the swamp so I haw a general idea.

Anyone wana point out on a map or describe where or how to get to these areas?

I would greatly appreciate the help!
Oh, if it's dry out there and you decide to go into the swamp....I'd take a machete with you to ward off the snakes.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Birdman......

Meet us out there Oct 5-7. We will be hitting RR in style. I'll show you around, bring your GPS and you can plot as we go along.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'm really wanting to! Just have to finish up the rzr.

Yeah I heard someone had gotten snake bit an while back. Dang things give me the creeps!

I NEED a GPS, think that'll be my next investment!

I do thank you for the invite, hopefully I can have it ready and atleast meet y'all down there for the day.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
And the big holes from the big trucks scare me to! They have some HUGE tires.guess I need to flush kit I have...

If I can get the rzr done I will try and come down Saturday. I'll PM you my info and what later today.

Ps my rig is capable so I shouldn't be a burden if I make it out.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts