Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I picked up a RZR 3 weeks ago or so and just by the looks of it, this thing was made for muddin' The 29.5 Outlaws, Snorkle Kit and little airline running up the frame seem to be a dead give away. After looking at it pretty close, whoever did it, did it the right way and im thankful for that. When I picked it up, it about 300 or so miles on it and after looking the think up and down, I believe it to be accurate. If anything, its reading more miles that it actually has because of the 29.5 Laws on it.

I live far away from muddin' country and live im more of a dust bowl than anything right now. Shouldnt these intakes have some kind of filter over them? As anyone put filters over them? Im thinking about finding some K&N filters to put over the three holes to to help out? I was even considering selling the 29.5" Outlaws with ITP Beadlocks because I didnt think I would ever use them, but have since though better of it. These tires are expensive and I dont want to replace them at new. Plus I found a killer deal on some ITP SS208's that I can use for everyday use.

Anyway, what are your thoughts on the filters? Should I even worry about it? I just dont want pure dust to be sucked into the engine. I am also a volunteer firefighter and will use this rig to get around some of the big grass fires weve been having.

Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Registered
15 Posts
The snorkels are relocated up and out of the way for water riding/mudding, but also provide better access to cleaner air (in most situations) than the stock locations. Open your airbox and take a good look at what your filter is catching. If there is a lot of excessive dust/sand, then Wren's setup is a good idea, otherwise its overkill (IMO).

Do a search for snorkels especially in the DIY/How to forum and they have some good pointers.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice setup Wren! Im going to open the filter box up and see what that filter looks like. Im not kidding when I tell you guys I live in a dusty area. I have a black yukon and if I wash it before going home, they entire yukon will be clean except for the back of it. It will be completely covered in dust. If its the same for the RZR, which has the snorkles pointing back like most ive seen on here, its sucking in all the extra dust.

Thanks for the feedback so for!

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
it wont hurt anything to put a k&n prefilter on it. I used to run one with outerware too, but i tend to ride at the front of the pack and i'm not good on remembering to clean a filter so i took it off. not that it matters, but bigger tires would mean the odometer reads less than it really has.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
I had a friend of mine that used panty hose until he was able to purchase the pre-filters..They do well and are cheap to replace after rides if need be.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts