Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i have 800 le.. It may just be something i have to deal with but when i hit the trails the mud is burning onto my exhaust. is there a fix for this or just deal with it? thanks!

·
Premium Member
8,865 Posts
Deal with it!

·
Registered
7,135 Posts
I'm afraid it's part of the deal. I have my rear bed off this weekend for starter motor replacement, and a full blown tune up and inspection. Mud id mud, and there isn't much you can do about it except not ride in mud, or on muddy trails. What's the point of owning a RZR if you don't do some mud? Enjoy!!

·
Banned
904 Posts
Take the exhaust off when riding in the mud and put it back on when your done riding in the mud
Lol......

Yeah man, mud is mud. Trust me, if the exhaust is your biggest concern, your good... Just make sure to try and clean it off after every ride so you don't get a big build up.

·
Premium Member
16,003 Posts
thats the facts of life
deal with it,
i run through all the mud and puddles i can,

·
Registered
7,135 Posts
I used to be very conciensious on cleaning the entire RZR after every ride. Then one day we got into some sweet red clay mud, and the engine was hot. It stained everything from front to back that is aluminum. It won't come off without using some very harsh chemicals and a ton of elbow grease. So I wash it pretty good after every ride, but that showroom floor look is long gone. We love to ride hard rain or shine, so I don't give a rats ass about that new shine any more! I do scrape the dirt off the exhaust system on a regular basis, but I don't think it hurts anything.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well alright guys lol.. i just thought maybe someone had a secret trick or something.. I guess I'm going to have to let the new wear off sometime. thanks!

·
Registered
111 Posts
You can power wash the head pipes that helps but they will still have the stains.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Just Wait! Over time from the mud the engine block, head, transmission and everything will turn a shade of stained brown! My RZR sure has lol. It's just a battle you wont win when muddin.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Just Wait! Over time from the mud the engine block, head, transmission and everything will turn a shade of stained brown! My RZR sure has lol. It's just a battle you wont win when muddin.
make sure you go mud riding thru clay, it bakes on like a ceramic coating making it almost rust proof, that is what i tell people when they comment, lol it could work, if you want red go to Georgia :rofl3: :rofl3:
Frank

·
Registered
7,135 Posts
You are 100% correct on the stained issue. We rode in some Aluvial Plain mud, stuff from the MS Delta country. Not too awful bad to remove. But we ride mostly in Red Clay mud, and we are not mudders per se, but some of the trails and creek crossings get really soupy. I scrubbed on the aluminum parts for a while with a stiff brush and a variety of detergents. The tree hugger crap should be outlawed, as it just takes up space in a perfectly good plastic bottle. Other things work well, such as Tri-Sodium Phosphate, or TSP. The problem with that stuff? If you don't get it totally washed off and neutralized, it will eat right through metal parts over time, so leave that stuff alone.
We just head out with 2 coolers full of shiny aluminum containers and call it good!

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
You're not doing it right if you can still see the exhaust...more mud is needed.

But hey just think of all that mud insulation, your bed will be nice and cool.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Wd 40 and a scotch brite with some good old fashioned elbow grease will make it look like new for about 4 1/2 minutes or quite a bit longer if you just don't drive it. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over with the same results, the stains drive me insane but I just keep cleaning it off. Lol

1 - 20 of 23 Posts