Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Out this past weekend, wow really noticed that you can get the back storage area covered with mud. Is there anything on the market that one could attach somehow to the rear fenders to keep the mud from completely covering all the cargo that one carries. We are not mud boggers, but sometimes after heavy rains, lots of mud around. Anyways the RZR is the best dam thing that was ever put on the market, wife and I are haveing a great time. Thanks to Polairs.

·
Registered
388 Posts
I hear ya my cooler went from Red and White to Black and Blue.

Guess we just gotta wash it off

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Easy just make a couple of these problem solved and they look good IMHO:

Also did it on my S, a few rivets hold it in place and you keep all the mud out.

·
Let's Ride!
248 Posts
Here is what I came up with and it works very well!

Mud in the Bed NO MORE!!!

I love the RZR but with the Tires I have run keeping the Mud under the Machine where it belongs has been an ongoing battle. After finally giving up on my original Getto flares I installed a set of S flares, they solved 75% of my Mud issues, but I still had mud flying in the cab from the bottom of the front tires and in the bed from the back of the rear tires. After seeing the fender flare Extenders R Fly had on his S I thought I can use that desighn and build something that will solve both of my issues....So one day last week i ordered a sheet of ABS plastic to see if I could make my Vision a working reality. While waiting for it to come in I set about with some cardboard making templates until I had one that I liked and I thought woul look good and perform the intended function. I also p/u a set of $10 Truck splash guards at Autozone for the front, along with some plastic screw together Rivets. The fronts were fairly easy to get install, no more mud in my Eye! Once the Plastic showed up I got the rear cut out per the Pattern I had made out of cardboard. The install was pretty easy, and I think they look pretty good to be home made. I rode 2 rides this weekend with both installed, I am happy to report that I no longer have a bed full of mud when I get back to the Trucks. Also the way I built the rears seals up the underside of the bed and makes kind of a wheel well liner and keeps the mud from caking up on the bottom of the bed, clean up was much easier this time!!!

·
Banned
5,672 Posts
good tips as usual - alot of creativity out there - im never surprised at seeing what others do....cool!

trying to keep to this guys thread........

i did my tractor for pennies on scraps, took all day but deere wanted $380/ pair. i would have paid $100 each......but....

heres an idea for scraps or full sheets of various substrates - try a sign shop.
i see cool homemade UHMW skids but always wonder where the heck they sourced the sheet. did they get taken? i can get single sheets (sorta) reasonable. most all sign shops are on a truck route from our wholesale suppliers. we have 3 that service us each day or 2 times per week. on some product we can get a 5 x 10 out of the manufacturer where they make you think 4 x 8 is it. many shops are ok people.

think out of the box for budget brackets, plates, mounts, etc. all shops have scrap piles, mine has 4 areas. i share on some stuff. often there is a leftover i may not want for a heck of a long time. i have some leftover dark blue (looks black) translucent acrylic sheet .187 tk that will probably never come up again. acrylic and polycarbonate can heat and bend easily.
i show mostly plastics here but the aluminum substrates now include mill finish, brushed, marble, wood grain. i show thicker stock, 19 &25mm, that machines, cuts, routes and sands well.

oh and ever looked in a dumpster?

Attachments

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That is a great invention...many,many thanks. Just one question, did you have to make any fancy bends, and did you use self taping screws, or the type of fasteners that are already on the bike, I could likely pick up fasteners at the local dealer.

Thanks Again

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Heres some pictures of the S The extensions are Asylum hardware, I had to add the back flaps and mud flaps that hang down. Not sure what this plastic is, my friend got a 4 X 8 sheet and we split it.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
I took off my 14" tires and went back to stock width and didnt need the Direction 2 flares anymore so I cut the back mud flap section off the rears and mounted them. Made a BIG difference in mud on the storage compartment.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Subscribed ,great ideas. I need to figure something out for my 570.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I am running JodyT's rear mudflaps, stopped all of the mud from flipping up and down my neck, and the back cover stays clean, and I stay clean, these are a great addition. Here is a pic of my RZR after trail riding all day in wet to dusty conditions. No Mud.

Note, These are also compatible with the atv guru rear bumper.

·
Registered
574 Posts
I am running JodyT's rear mudflaps, stopped all of the mud from flipping up and down my neck, and the back cover stays clean, and I stay clean, these are a great addition. Here is a pic of my RZR after trail riding all day in wet to dusty conditions. No Mud.

Note, These are also compatible with the atv guru rear bumper.

Where did you get those?

·
Registered
346 Posts
A friend picked them up from JodyT for me, he posted his pick back in 2010. Send him a PM.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Cool thanks

1 - 17 of 17 Posts