Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this on a different forum already but may be best to post here

I am somewhat of a novice when it comes to audio so I just had the dealer install the ride command on my 2017 RZR Turbo and connect the mtx stage 4 system to it today and it sounds terrible! I have virtually no bass and the front and rear speakers are on one channel. When I open up the fade and send sound to only the front speakers there is no sound, but when I fade to the rear all 4 speakers come on with very little bass from the sub. For spending nearly $4,000 I was expecting more. Not sure if this was installed correctly. Any advice?

·
Registered
30 Posts
I posted this on a different forum already but may be best to post here

I am somewhat of a novice when it comes to audio so I just had the dealer install the ride command on my 2017 RZR Turbo and connect the mtx stage 4 system to it today and it sounds terrible! I have virtually no bass and the front and rear speakers are on one channel. When I open up the fade and send sound to only the front speakers there is no sound, but when I fade to the rear all 4 speakers come on with very little bass from the sub. For spending nearly $4,000 I was expecting more. Not sure if this was installed correctly. Any advice?

Take it back, have them fix it

Sent from my iPad using RZRForums.net

·
Premium Member
1,066 Posts
It more than likely is Ride Command, it is far from perfect. I ran 3 amps connected to mine, 1 sub, 1 front, 1 rear using all 3 speaker outputs from ride command. One channel would constantly not work at all. When I'd switch things around testing to figure out what the problem was another channel would go out. I confirmed all cables, all amps were good. It was ride command not supporting the 3 channels at once. When I complained to Polaris they said sorry we only support the MB Quartz brand of speakers and amps that are meant to direct connect. As soon as I use an RCA adapter with any other amp, they say sorry we can't help.

My solution, unfortunately, was to buy a Rockford Fosgate Bluetooth controller with 3 RCA outs, think model number is pmx-0. Connected that to all amps, the exact same amps wired in the exact same configuration, just bypassing the ride command, and everything works flawlessly now. It def suck I had to buy a separate head unit, but I worked on the ride command for a good month trying to get it resolved and got nowhere and I am an audio guy who has done car stereo installs for 20 years now.

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
If the mtx system comes with a 4 channel amp for the full range speakers, the ride command would have to be performing some sort of magic trick for the fronts and rears to play together when faded to the rear. Those should be two separate channels. In other words, it sounds like both front and rear channels are on one set of outputs. Weird by any means. You might have a combo of the ride command not working properly, and the installer not wiring properly. Is there a crossover on the amp? It may be flipped to high pass resulting in no bass.

This is me guessing that it is a 4 channel amp then probably a powered sub? I couldn't find the stage 4 when i looked on mtx website.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The dealer has been really good at trying to make this work, today they changed something so now the L/R balance will seperate The the front and back speakers like the F/R fade should but the fade still only pushes sound to only the rear now, but the bass is considerably better. I’m told the ride command has a high and low output and a another for a sub. MTX sells a cable that connects to the ride command that allows you to run 2 rca’s to the MTX 100.4 400 watt 4 channel amp. And then the amp powers the the 4 speakers and the sub. I’m fairly certain The problem lies with the ride command. I purchased the stage 4 Bluetooth which is identical to the s 3 stage but without the mtx unit since the ride command is the source.

Today the dealer said they are going to purchase another RCA cable to connect to the ride command so there will be 2 cables going from the ride command to the MTX Amp. I don’t think this will change the outcome but we will see. If not I will have to just use the Bluetooth and forget linking it to my ride command. Has anyone had success with the mtx connecting to the ride command?

Here is a link to the MTX stage 4
https://www.mtx.com/rzrbt4-polaris-...l-amplifier-and-single-subwoofer-audio-system

Link to the audio cable that connects the ride command to the MTX Amp
https://www.mtx.com/polaris-ridecommand-to-aftermarket-full-range-adapter

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
UPDATE: the MTX stereo now that it is installed correctly sounds awesome. I had the dealer install the MTX stage 3 to the ride command and I had several issues with it so I ended up having them remove it from the ride command and installing it on the mtx head unit, I was disappointed when I got it back because of a bad buzzing sound. MTX reached out to me and long story short the dealer had used the wrong connectors to the ride command and did not ground the system back to the battery. Mtx helped get the speaker back on the ride command unit and now that it is installed correctly it sounds awesome.

If anyone is considering adding speakers to the ride command the mtx stage 3 sounds great and is very loud. Just make sure you purchase the correct rca connectors and especially the new sub woofer connector found here https://www.mtx.com/polaris-ridecommand-to-mtx-subwoofer-adapter

Now that it’s installed correctly the system sounds incredible. Brad at MTX was a huge help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.