Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 20 of 150 Posts

·
Registered
6,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I got started today, removed my motor, tomorrow I will clean everything up and pull the front housing cover off of the transfer case to fix that leak at the flange. Then it's wait until Saturday morning, and Cliff & I will install his old RZR S motor with MCX turbo....I cannot wait!
This motor I took out today will be up for sale as soon as I figure out what I am letting go with it.

·
Registered
15,386 Posts
Is that a new primary spring you are throwing in?
Yes. Package deal. He is getting my secondary with turbo spring, a brand new primary with new adjustable weights and spring, a rebuilt primary with a new spring and used adjustable weights, and two EPI severe duty belts.

I had a new primary ready to swap in so I could rebuild my old one and not have any down time.

:ride:

·
Registered
6,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Jeff why didnt you just put a turbo on your motor?
Cliff's is a proven, great running S motor that already has the forged low compression pistons in it, not to mention all the spare parts and his help with the install, I just couldn't pass it up. Price played a part also, I think he gave me a great deal.

·
Registered
6,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well I fixed the transfer case leak today. I used "The Right Stuff" made by Permatex. It looks just like the product that Polaris uses, except it appeared to me that they really skimped on the amount they used. I did it without removing the driveline so about 5% of the sealant was put on with my finger instead of the applicator, as I couldn't get it in the tight spot. When I was torquing the cover bolts to 25 lbs. ft., the one just below the motor/trans case connector plate stripped before I reached the torque value! I ended up putting in a longer bolt with a nylok nut on the back side so I lucked out there. I changed all my fluids also today, everything is ready for the install on Saturday, I hope it goes smoothly! Here are some pics from today.....

This is where the leak was, I had already cleaned it up, but it was up high on the cover flange.......

The leak is fixed now!.....

Here is what I used, "The Right Stuff" I used the grey, it was $28.59 at NAPA, they're pretty proud of this chit!....

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Well I fixed the transfer case leak today. I used "The Right Stuff" made by Permatex. It looks just like the product that Polaris uses, except it appeared to me that they really skimped on the amount they used. I did it without removing the driveline so about 5% of the sealant was put on with my finger instead of the applicator, as I couldn't get it in the tight spot. When I was torquing the cover bolts to 25 lbs. ft., the one just below the motor/trans case connector plate stripped before I reached the torque value! I ended up putting in a longer bolt with a nylok nut on the back side so I lucked out there. I changed all my fluids also today, everything is ready for the install on Saturday, I hope it goes smoothly! Here are some pics from today.....

This is where the leak was, I had already cleaned it up, but it was up high on the cover flange.......

The leak is fixed now!.....

Here is what I used, "The Right Stuff" I used the grey, it was $28.59 at NAPA, they're pretty proud of this chit!....
I am not 100% sure if that is the same bolt that stripped on mine,but i think it is.If it is, that nut and bolt trick won't work,I tried it, and the nut keeps the motor from falling into place.Drill it out and tap it.Sorry for the bad new's if it is.

·
King of crash!
31,881 Posts
leo jeff said cliff gave him a great deal and is also helping install it....cliff has done the r & d on this one so i think jeff made a good choice in this case... cliff never pushed his turbo kit

·
Registered
6,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I am not 100% sure if that is the same bolt that stripped on mine,but i think it is.If it is, that nut and bolt trick won't work,I tried it, and the nut keeps the motor from falling into place.Drill it out and tap it.Sorry for the bad new's if it is.
I went back out and took some measurements on the motor and transfer case mounts and it appears that it will work. I am hoping the bolt you had an issue with was the next bolt below it on that same side, it surely would not work with a nut on the end of a longer bolt, the motor would hit it for sure by my measurements in that area. Just to put my mind at ease tomorrow I will set the motor back in to check it. If it is wrong then I have some more work to do I guess. Is there any way you can confirm which bolt you had the issue with? If you went to a 7/16 bolt you should be able to see it. Is there any way you could check it out and let me know? I would have set the motor back in tonight, but wanted to watch the NHRA drags on TV with my neighbor, and I have the bed and everything else back on the car just loosely for the haul to Eugene for the motor installation

1 - 20 of 150 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.