Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just put the motor back in and while it was out I installed the aftermarket motor mounts. WOW, does this thing vibrate. These mounts are a lot stiffer than stock. Anybody else run into this problem?

·
Registered
41,101 Posts
I have the Holz Racing Products Billett Motor Mounts, I don't have a vibration issue...

The Holz Billett Motor Mounts are a QUALITY improvement IMHO...

·
Vendor
4,175 Posts
HPD aluminum motor mount inserts do not seem to vibrate any more than stock, but will keep the mount from moving too far.

·
Vendor
4,175 Posts
Did it still hit with the HPDs? I guess with the hp you have it would still flex?

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
My rear diff was hitting the frame on hard riding and a bolt was hitting the head cover toward the front of the engine. After the inserts, it hasnt been an issue.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
The front mount was a real PITA...if I did it again it might not be so bad...but its not love. The rear was a cinch...

·
Vendor
4,175 Posts
I second that. The left motor mount is a PITA. The other 2 are easy.

·
Banned
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I switched back to the stock mounts. I just have more vibration probably due to the stroker crank and the stage 2 cam. Other than that everything is fine. My mounts were from Holz and wre great quality. I will just hang on to them for now.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
OMG , I just installed the HPD mounts yesterday and they were not easy. I literally (with help) tipped or leaned the rzr up in its side to get under there cuz the tranny mount was the worse. Fine compact engineering. LOL But It is done and will have to see if that made the difference I was looking for. The stock rubber was super soft though. I can see why it is a definite improvement.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts