Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all... how many of you have installed aftermarket motor mounts on you RZR-s? Why did you do it? Did it make a difference? Are you happy with them.

Secondly..... I see that Holz has some nice looking ones for $110 (set of 3)..... but it looks like HPD sells a set of 3 for $40..... not as bitchen looking.... but probably the same performance..... why buy one over the other?

Lastly.... have you guys also installed the Holz gearcase lift plates?

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I think I answer my own question. The Holz motor mounts are a complete replacement motor mount. The HPD part seems to be a washer that gives the stock motor mount more support by keeping it from deflecting as much as normal.

I have a set of Holz motor mounts on order......

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
you might lool at other posts some people are claiming holz mounts too stiff and xausing other driveline components to break,NOTHING against holz would, did install there lift plates and lots of their fine products, just went hpd on motor mounts

·
Registered
893 Posts
You have the differences right there. The Holz mount uses Poly-Graphite instead of the stock rubber, and is a complete unit.

I installed the Holz mounts to avoid having the rear diff come in contact with the frame and because the factory mounts were already sagging.

I am happy with them and I think they will make a difference. The only thing that it seems no one has mentioned is, because of the stiffer material used in the Holz mounts, there is an increase in vibrations felt by driver and passenger.

I also installed the gear case lift plates at the same time, and they seem to work as advertised.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you might lool at other posts some people are claiming holz mounts too stiff and xausing other driveline components to break,NOTHING against holz would, did install there lift plates and lots of their fine products, just went hpd on motor mounts
Dr..... how hard where the HPD motor mount washers to install?

·
Premium Member
1,133 Posts
You should read between the lines when you see a post like that and take into consideration what kind of mods they have already done to their RZR.

Let's just say, theoretically speaking....if Joe Blow cut his frame apart to shoe horn some aftermarket motor into his chassis, then changes the location of the motor mount. Can you honestly say it's the mount itself that is causing his problem or could it possibly be any number of modifications he has already done?
Once you cut your frame up and put a different motor in, it's not a RZR anymore.
Not a good example for our products, some people have clout and are very biased.

The stock mounts are known to be weak- that's a fact.
We have sold over 400 motor mount kits since we released the product. So far I have only heard one person complain about them...

If another persons review of a certain product keeps you from wanting to buying it, then by all means dont buy it, but think for a second about how it has been used or installed.

·
Premium Member
1,133 Posts
The difference between the Holz mounts and the HPD mounts has been pointed out in an earlier post, but I'll do it anyway. I dont normally like to comment on other vendors parts...

Ours is a complete unit to replace the entire mount and therefore more expensive, HPD uses a spacer in the stock mount to limit movement but still retains the stock mount.
Yes the Holz mounts are stiffer, that's the whole point.
Confucius say:you will come to a cross road where you have to choose tingly hands over broken parts.

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
If you see how much the motor moves on a dyno with stock mounts ... it blew my mind the first time! It looks like it is going to twist out of the RZR. I am really surprised there are not motor damage from the twisting. The Holz boys make nice stuff ... I have their mounts and will continue to use them.

·
Desert Rat
2,118 Posts
I have their mounts and lift plates, couldn't be happier.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
and there you have it, two good venders, 2 differnt methods ,just repeating some of the chatter thats been posted. by the by hpds inserts do just that they insert,easy stuff

·
Premium Member
12,793 Posts
The Holz mounts are the best IMO.....
The rear diff for example is way to close to the frame at the bottom side and the HPD mounts did not reduce the movement enough to stop the contact........I switched to the Holz mounts and that did the trick.
Here are some comparison photos of the stock mount with the HPD insert (left) and the Holz mounts (right)
The Holz mounts are well worth the a few extra bux :)

HPD inserts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That was a really good post GIFF.... thanks for the pics and the thoughts......

J

·
0 Posts
I had to replace my stock motor mounts because they were broken. I just went back stock but put the HPD inserts in to keep them from breaking again....They have held up well but still there is a lot of flexing and the diff still hits the frame.

·
Vendor
4,175 Posts
I tried the Holtz solid mounts and it vibrated sooooo bad with the 902 engine, we thought we had it out of time. I pulled the engine and checked cam timing! Not to talk bad about the mounts, I just think they are too stiff. We went back to the HPD inserts and the engine does flex about 1/4" under power. But, the rear diff is not hitting the frame and I am not breaking anything either. It is MUCH smoother this way. We need a mount that is a happy medium.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
1/4 inch of play is minimal any less and youll feel every rev my happy medium holz plates to raise it w/hpd mounts. lots of other holz and hpd stuff on my rzr also ,again nice happy medium in flex vs. strength with this combo

·
Premium Member
12,793 Posts
My RZR is a standard and the wifes is an S, it dose seem that the S model has more room for the diff to clear the frame on the bottom. I have had a few people ask me if I notice an increase in vibration.........I can't say there was enough to mention, Cliff says he noticed it for sure. So what do you do? there are variables in all these machines.

·
Registered
6,680 Posts
I am too happy with a HPD inserts. Only thing I was looking for was to avoid rear end and right side of the engine hitting the frame without transferring vibration to the frame to much. With HPD inserts no more problem . But I am pretty sure Holz mount are top quality pieces, I do have lot of parts from them on my RZR. All great products.
milos

1 - 20 of 46 Posts