Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just curious what the most miles any of you have logged in one day?

We have a 250mile trip planned for Friday which will mainly be high speed high RPM running....is the RZR up for it? This will be my first ride in my new to me RZR so just curious if shes up for the task.

·
Registered
5,686 Posts

We have a 250mile trip planned for Friday which will mainly be high speed high RPM running....is the RZR up for it? This will be my first ride in my new to me RZR so just curious if shes up for the task.
bring a lot of gas! :) Ive done like 80 miles in one day but i'm sure there are some guys who have done 100+

·
Registered
1,141 Posts

bring a lot of gas! :) Ive done like 80 miles in one day but i'm sure there are some guys who have done 100+
We did 127 miles one day. Carry gas

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
will be riding with 3 Renegade 800R's, so looks like I'll be carrying the jerry cans. Fuel wont be too much of a concern, lots of stops and towns along the way.

will the RZR be up for 250miles of high speed running

·
Registered
666 Posts
138 in one day. Goes about 70 miles on 3 gallons of gas at a steady cruising between 25 and 35 mph. At least that was my experience on hard packed trails.

·
Registered
882 Posts
We did around 120 in one day in Michigan's Upper Peninsula, but that was with my old RZR. I mainly ride at Silver Lake with my new one, so it is hard to get a whole lot of miles racked up in one day with the park being so small...

·
English Guy in Utah
588 Posts
i did 128 miles the other day, many different types of terrain with no problems at all ...take gas and water

·
Let's Ride!
248 Posts
In July of this year a Select group of riders, me included, did 185 Miles in 22 hours. We left Windrock Parking lot at 5 AM on a Saturday Morning and returned to the Parking area at 2AM on Sunday morning. We rode over to the Tackett Creek area and back...We had fuel stops along the way, These trails were somewhat technical, it was the ride of a lifetime!!! The RZR will do fine!

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
When I first got my RZR:)...Took it to my friends place in Nevada...Drove it in one day...over 220 Miles:ride: and used 3 tanks of gas....Now 4000 mile later...On an average day I drive it about 40-60 miles a day:ride:

·
Banned
399 Posts
take an extra belt.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ya it should be a good time...next question, will the clutch spacer mod survive the trip or should I just leave it stock?

·
Registered
880 Posts
huh!
"This will be my first ride in my new to me RZR so just curious if shes up for the task."
I would hope you have at least rode it somewhere that you could run it thru its paces, and gone over everything a couple times.
I would ask how many miles it has on it, and how was it maintained, but the miles don't really matter as much as how it was driven.
Would hate to hear back 50 miles out you had all kinds of problems and ruined everybody’s day when the tanker truck went AWOL!
If you’re accustomed to these type trips you know they have a way of finding the weak link in the convoy. Good luck and have fun, heck some of my favorite rides have been our worst.

·
I just wanna ride
3,640 Posts
We usually cover 80 miles a day.

If this is your RZR's break in ride speak up. We can give you some info on how to take care of your motor. You are talking about 6 hours of high speed trail riding. I hope you have the next day or two off to recover, you're gonna need it.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Jeff, he says its his first ride in his used Rzr.........who knows if its up to the task?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts