·
Vendor
10,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Attachments

·
Registered
244 Posts
Just replaced mine with about 300 miles on it, definitely starting to wear into the clutch. Whatever that square puck is made from seems harder than the aluminum on the clutch. Lots of friction and it starts digging in, it sucks taking a brand new secondary apart, but you gotta replace them.

It’s kind of intimidating to take the secondary apart, but watch the instructional video. With the correct tools (important) it was pretty easy. We did 3 clutches in no time at all.

Sent from my iPhone using RZRForums.net

·
Registered
464 Posts
When I tell the old farts in our campground in Az with late model RZRs they just look at me like I am crazy. I give up trying to help.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
And folks, don't be thinking that you have some gratuitous miles that you can run before wear starts. Changed mine at 735 miles, just starting to wear. Changed my buddies at the same time, 435 miles and much more wear than mine had. If your long term plan is to run your factory secondary, get them changed ASAP.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Once this starts what type of problems can you expect? Broken belts? My buddy has an 18 xp1k w/ 300 miles and has gone through 2 belts. Wondering if this could be the problem?

·
Vendor
10,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Once this starts what type of problems can you expect? Broken belts? My buddy has an 18 xp1k w/ 300 miles and has gone through 2 belts. Wondering if this could be the problem?
It can do that, depends on how bad, when the secondary is not working efficiently then belt heat goes up

These are a no brainer for 16-18 non turbo rzrs of all models

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
Had to replace the rollers and install a clutch kit from Hunter Works. The belt was making lots of noise and getting worse. On inspection of belt, it was about ready to fail. Very few hours on machine. Sand use.

Test ride after was extremely impressive. Machine has never pulled so hard.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
It can do that, depends on how bad, when the secondary is not working efficiently then belt heat goes up

I've have my spare set from my 14' 1000. Will my rollers work on his 18'?

·
Vendor
10,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

No, they are larger in the 16-18

·
Registered
150 Posts
Having an 18 delivered today, guess this should be on my list of things to get done asap.

Amazing something like this needs to be done right out of the crate!

·
Vendor
10,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
What's different on the '18 Turbo that makes this mod unnecessary?
No year model turbo is affected, this is for non turbo only it has a different clutch on it
I understand...but more specificaly what is 'different' on the turbo clutch setuup? Already has proper pucks from the factory?
Just totally different clutch nothing the same, has some solid long slide pieces that run in slots in it on the inside

·
Registered
60 Posts

I haven’t watched the install video yet but are these pretty easy to install? Would it be a good idea to do a dalton kit at the same time?

1 - 20 of 49 Posts