Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I need some opinions, and since they don't seem to be hard to get on this forum......

I'm ready to replace my stock skids and add some rock sliders, and I would like them to be all UHMW. That pretty well narrows my choices down to Factory UTV and Trail Armor. I really like the FUTV skids, and I like their new rock sliders, but they don't flair out to protect the rear fender flair. I think I could fab up a set of slider bars (similar to what bilinvic made for the Holz skids) to correct it.

However, the Trail Armor skids and sliders look good too, and their sliders do flair out to protect the rear fender flair. BUT, their skid has a lot of big holes in it for drainage--too many and too big in my opinion. And they're more expensive.

I wondered about mixing the two--any thoughts from anyone? Will the two fit together? Does anyone have any profound insights that I'm missing?

·
Registered
893 Posts
EMP has a set of UHMW skids on sale right now for $220. This is what I have on my RZR and they are awesome!! And reasonably priced!

The thread is located HERE

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
EMP has a set of UHMW skids on sale right now for $220. This is what I have on my RZR and they are awesome!! And reasonably priced!

The thread is located HERE
This will be a good deal.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So, are the Holz sliders fabricated and mounted differently so that they are strong enough that you can stand on them? And what keeps the pressure off the body underneath them when you're rubbing against a tree?

·
AKA: blinginvic
2,889 Posts
The Holz sliders extend much further inward under the machine. The centre UHMW skid overlaps the side section at the frame rail. I'm not saying the Holz is better than FUTV...just the facts.

The same caveat applies to my set-up, no standing on the nerf bars. I'm contemplating adding some braces behind the rocker panels to enable the nerfs to be stood on. My main goal of the nerf bars is to slide the machine past obstacles, not to stand on them. That's why I angled them so they stick out further at the rear, there's very little to step on as someone enters or leaves the RZR. Nothing keeps the pressure off of the body (plastic rocker panels) other than the flex strength of the aluminum.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Have you looked at the Trail Armor version of the sliders? It looks like they extend substantially farther under the machine. And they flair out in the back, I think far enough to cover the fender flairs. I'm not really trying to stand on them. I wonder if they would work with the Cooter Brown skid that is on sale-any thoughts?

·
eternal noobie
239 Posts
the Holz alum rockers/sliders are captured under the UHMW skid...I chose this kit because it effectively eliminates nearly all the 'edges' that will catch the rocks

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
the futv skid comes all the way out to the edge of the machine. the futv sliders go under the skid so they dont need to go so far under the machine. and since they have zero hardware hanging down, they arent going to get caught on anything

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have Factory UTV Skid plate, Rock sliders, Gas tank protector(free with the skid if u r a forum member) and A-arm/CV guards. I am extremely happy with the quality, fit, and finish of the products. They are also very good to deal with. I personally like the one piece center skid. You can save on shipping if you order the skid and rock sliders at the same time. You also only loose about a 1/2" of ground clearance versus aprox 1 1/2" on some of the others.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Can anyone help me with Skid plate suggestions. I have a 2011 Razor S le Black Carbon Fiber Model. When I purchased it I had my dealer install the Polaris black Rock Sliders. Is there a kit (Prefer UHMW BUT ALUMINUM OK) THAT WILL COVER MY ENTIRE CHASIS, FRONT AND BACK DIIF, and GAS TANK that anyone can refer me too. Any help as I like to get a set by next weekend.

If it matters I already have the front and back A-arm guards

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
Can anyone help me with Skid plate suggestions. I have a 2011 Razor S le Black Carbon Fiber Model. When I purchased it I had my dealer install the Polaris black Rock Sliders. Is there a kit (Prefer UHMW BUT ALUMINUM OK) THAT WILL COVER MY ENTIRE CHASIS, FRONT AND BACK DIIF, and GAS TANK that anyone can refer me too. Any help as I like to get a set by next weekend.

If it matters I already have the front and back A-arm guards
the futv skid will cover the entire belly. you get a front diff skid, a rear diff skid, and a 1 piece belly skid. so the entire underside will be covered (front to back and side to side). if you are a forum member they throw in a free gas tank guard. i had the futv skids installed with the polaris sliders for awhile, but swapped to futv rock sliders as well to gain back ground clearance

http://www.rzrforums.net/bumpers-skid-plates-rzr-protection/35567-futv-rock-sliders.html

·
Registered
142 Posts
Just took a look at your pics...I guess I will be ordering the sliders as well....gonna put the Polaris sliders on ebay

1 - 17 of 17 Posts