Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 215 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I had seen a few posts of toolbox installs on the back of RZR's. Some had the Dewalt DS300 or 400. They also had to modify the box by grinding down the sides to make it fit in the small wedge space Polaris gave us.
So I had went to Home Depot to try another toolbox after learning about the Dewalt, and wanted to try the Rigid toolbox to see if it would fit without modification. Well that went south after bringing it home. But i liked the box and the stacking options it had. Along with the weather seal it on the lid. Not fond of the orange color, but it was a small sacrifice.
So i had come up with this idea. Adding rubber bumpers as feet. Anyone with a toy hauler has these on their gate. bought them of of Amazon for $18. The Rigid lower box was $39 and the top box was $29.
View attachment 455745
View attachment 455753

·
Addicted
3,636 Posts
Nice. Any info/specs on the boxes?

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
This is my bottom box.
it is slight wider that 21.5"
Top box
this is what i used for the top box.
rubber feet
this is what i used for the feet. just like a toy hauler tailgate bumper
what i like about these is that all the latches are lockable with a padlock. i dont think the Dewalt i had seen are.
they don't feel flimsy, and seals well against the weather. locking the bottom to the top is easy and simple. the top box does not have a center handle like the lower box, but they do have 2 side handle that double as handles and can be used to stack and lock another box on top.
drilling into it was real easy. the plastic feels soft and not brittle.
after adding the rubber feet, the box clears the sidewall of the bed nicely and feels sturdy.
the top of the tool boxes are even with the rear roll bar and does not obstruct any rear view.

Reactions: TSL and Healeyho

·
Registered
84 Posts
ISOTA OFF-ROAD has a new bracket system that we are trying out to mount the Ridgid box in the XP 1000.

Secures the box using aluminum brackets in the lock and ride location. No more straps or bungees required.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Price? When can we buy?

·
Premium Member
981 Posts
ISOTA OFF-ROAD has a new bracket system that we are trying out to mount the Ridgid box in the XP 1000.

Secures the box using aluminum brackets in the lock and ride location. No more straps or bungees required.

Price?

·
Registered
1,413 Posts

Price?
$29.95 plus shipping for the kit shown here.
The box will be suspended about 2" above the bed. We recommend using the rubber bumpers from Amazon that the OP shows.

NOT COMPATIBLE WITH THE POLARIS CLICK SIX SEAT BELTS. (Also not sure how far the lid would open if installed in a High Lifter.)

Please allow a week for shipping. Not on our website yet so please call 505-404-9363 to order.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Can you get to the latches and open it up with the yeti in place. Does it allow the yeti to open with the box in place ?

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
cant say about the Yeti as i do not have one. but i can open the box with my cooler in place. its alittle tight but the latches do not need much room to unlatch.
BUT i have a top box. so when i need to get to it, i have to remove the the top. and its still easy to do with the cooler in place.

Reactions: ISOTADavid

·
Registered
999 Posts
If they don't powdercoat plasti dip might be a good answer

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Ok thanks. Can you post a pic on the quick release handle (taken apart) that goes in the lock and ride hole. I have a highlifter and would need to take the whole box out to open the ridgid box lid. I Need to see if I can do that easily or if I would have to take the fitting out of the lock and ride hole.

Here is what the ridgid box looks like in a highlifter. I can open it around 1/2 way. The left snorkel hits the lid first. ImageUploadedByRZRForums.net1503451744.254099.jpg ImageUploadedByRZRForums.net1503451785.019214.jpg

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Ok thanks. Can you post a pic on the quick release handle (taken apart) that goes in the lock and ride hole. I have a highlifter and would need to take the whole box out to open the ridgid box lid. I Need to see if I can do that easily or if I would have to take the fitting out of the lock and ride hole.

Here is what the ridgid box looks like in a highlifter. I can open it around 1/2 way. The left snorkel hits the lid first. View attachment 458297 View attachment 458305
http://isotallc.com/aftermarket-polaris-atv-parts/replacement-parts/71-xpturbo-xp-1000-cargo-box-knob-assy. take a look at the pictures here

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Fit and finish superb. Quick less than 10 minute install. Thanks Isota..

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: ISOTADavid

·
Registered
999 Posts
I'm trying this setup with my yeti 35. If you go with the rubber bumpers the lid hits the top box and really limits your ability to open the cooler. I've played with some spacers between the rubber bumpers and the bottom of the box. If you take the handle off the top box and get the height just right you can get the cooler lid open about 6 in before you hit the box. Should be enough to get out anything in there .

·
Registered
68 Posts
This looks like an awesome idea plus the ISOTA mounts make it very practical. My only question is how much space does that leave you between the Rigid box and the back of the RZR box? How big of a cooler can you fit back there?

1 - 20 of 215 Posts