Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Completely new to the SXS world, bought one solely for a couple of trips with my wife in 2020. We drove out west a couple times within the last 5 years and thought we would love a Moab trip. We'll be looking for great scenic tours with fairly easy trails and also a nice place to stay so any help with weather concerns, trails, eating and RVing would be greatly appreciated. I'm looking at the Archview RV resort as it looks like it has some fairly large spots as we will be 83' total for our rig. Thanks in advance! Todd Greene
P.S. Leaving Moab we're thinking Little Sahara on our way back to FL.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Completely new to the SXS world, bought one solely for a couple of trips with my wife in 2020. We drove out west a couple times within the last 5 years and thought we would love a Moab trip. We'll be looking for great scenic tours with fairly easy trails and also a nice place to stay so any help with weather concerns, trails, eating and RVing would be greatly appreciated. I'm looking at the Archview RV resort as it looks like it has some fairly large spots as we will be 83' total for our rig. Thanks in advance! Todd Greene
P.S. Leaving Moab we're thinking Little Sahara on our way back to FL.
Archview is a good choice as there are a bunch of trails you can ride to right from camp. Seven Mile Rim trail would be a good starter trail, and from there you can continue to Hidden Canyon, Tusher Tunnel, Bartlett Wash Overlook. You can also get to Gemini Bridges and Metal Masher from camp, without being street legal. A must do trail is Fins and Things. You will have to trailer there, and pay $5-$10 dollars to access it via Sand Flats recreation area. It is worth it. If you like Fins, hit Hells Revenge afterwards. You are allowed to drive Sand Flats Rd to access the two trails without being street legal.
Get the Charles Wells trail guide book! It's an absolute must have.
https://www.amazon.com/Guide-Moab-Backroads-4-Wheel-Drive-Trails/dp/193483825X/ref=asc_df_193483825X/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=312138123333&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=6397562138843914908&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9028723&hvtargid=pla-565452168235&psc=1&tag=&ref=&adgrpid=60258872337&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvadid=312138123333&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=6397562138843914908&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9028723&hvtargid=pla-565452168235

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So based on some info from this site I've learned that "Jeep Week 2020" starts 4-4 and we don't want to be in the middle of that. I'm thinking arrive the week of 3-29 and be leaving as the jeep crew is coming in (4-4ish). A little earlier than I previously wanted only based on weather temp, but, based on averages low 70's should be great. This would also align for our trip to the Little Sahara dunes allowing us to ride the following week and gone before what I'll assume is a busy Easter weekend at the dunes.

·
Registered
286 Posts
So based on some info from this site I've learned that "Jeep Week 2020" starts 4-4 and we don't want to be in the middle of that. I'm thinking arrive the week of 3-29 and be leaving as the jeep crew is coming in (4-4ish). A little earlier than I previously wanted only based on weather temp, but, based on averages low 70's should be great. This would also align for our trip to the Little Sahara dunes allowing us to ride the following week and gone before what I'll assume is a busy Easter weekend at the dunes.
I've never been there that early in the year. Mid-April thru May, as well as October are the times I go there. We will be there April 17-21. Right after the safari and before the car show.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mid April is when I originally planned to go but after we added the Little Sahara stop it pushed me too close to a May 1st trip.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Trip is booked. Check in to Archview RV resort March 29th check out April 2nd then check in to Little Sahara cowboy campground on April 5th check out on April 9th. I was suprised Archview seemed pretty full even booking 3 months ahead.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Awesome. Sounds like a great trip. I can't speak to Little Sahara, but you will LOVE Moab. Enjoy!
Spring and fall are the prime seasons for Moab. It's too hot during the summer months. First trip we ever took to Moab was in July, 2008. It was 103+ degrees every day that we were there. Learned our lesson the hard way. :)

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Awesome. Sounds like a great trip. I can't speak to Little Sahara, but you will LOVE Moab. Enjoy!
Spring and fall are the prime seasons for Moab. It's too hot during the summer months. First trip we ever took to Moab was in July, 2008. It was 103+ degrees every day that we were there. Learned our lesson the hard way. :)
We're from florida and our primary hobby is drag racing and we do any summer racing more north of us as we cant stand the heat. Will be looking forward to some high 60's in Moab for our trip. "prime season" must be the cause of the campgrounds few options for spots when I booked yesterday.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Not sure if we can swing it or not but I added a few days to our trip today, reserved 3 days at Sand Hollow leading into our stay at Archview in Moab.

·
Registered
286 Posts
That is a place I'd definitely like to spend a few days at.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Not sure if we can swing it or not but I added a few days to our trip today, reserved 3 days at Sand Hollow leading into our stay at Archview in Moab.
Check out the "Moab UTV Group" on facebook if you need additional riding ideas or if you want to find others to ride with during your stay.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts