Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting ready to go to Moab the beginning of October and had a couple questions regarding ride height and if I should run with my belt cover on. I normally only ride in the dunes. I’ve already removed my front sway bar and unhooked the rear and got a set of 32” Rockzilla’s and a full SSS off-road skid plate.
Thanks for your input.

Sent from my iPhone using RZRForums.net

·
Super Moderator
6,945 Posts
I'd put the clutch cover back on because you can run into some mud depending on the trail and weather. Sounds like the rest you have covered. Moab is great that time of year and you'll have a blast. However, be prepared for any kind of weather. We were there mid Oct last year and it dropped to 19F and snowed 4" the first day

·
Vendor
209 Posts
You're going to want to be street legal if you are not already. It's so much nicer driving the roads between trail heads vs having to trailer everywhere. I'm alway prepared to hike out of anywhere if necessary, although there is almost always someone else around in Moab, depending on the trail. Bring extra water and food etc. Pack a tire repair kit, air compressor, jack or have a buddy with a winch that can pull you over to change a flat. Have a full size spare or at least a Sidewall Slug handy. Full recovery gear, winch, snatch block, tree saver D-rings etc. Spare ball joints, tie rods and tools to change them if needed. I've seen quite a few lower a-arms give out in Moab too, almost every brand. If you happen to have spares of any kind, pack them. If you are street legal, be careful on the road going around curves. With no sway bars, you will have a lot of body roll. If you have Dynamix, put it in Firm on the road. Car to car radio communication is always good. Cell service is decent on the trails closer to town but spotty the further out you get.

·
Vendor
209 Posts
Also PLEASE be respectful, especially in town. Turn off your lighted whips on the road (I'm pretty sure they are illegal on the street anyway). Turn your music down and drive like your grandma around town so future UTV generations can enjoy driving to the trail heads around Moab too! BTW, I believe the max speed limit for UTVs around Moab is 50 or 55MPH regardless of the speed limit posted for cars. Any posted speed limit under that applies just the same to UTVs. You are also supposed to purchase a Utah OHV permit, although in 8 visits, I've never been checked.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts