Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

41 - 60 of 64 Posts

Registered
I've said it should be taken seriously and the long term effects are not known. There is not enough data to make a definative determination at this point. However, based on the numbers available to date the extreme measures being implemented are not warranted. According to the CDC & WHO there are 234,073 as of 3/20/20 confirmed cases vs 65M for N!H!. Not a doctor or scientist and don't pretend to be in the know but just observing and looking at the numbers. https://www.who.int/docs/default-source/coronaviruse/situation-reports/20200320-sitrep-60-covid-19.pdf?sfvrsn=8894045a_2

Registered
I've said it should be taken seriously and the long term effects are not known. There is not enough data to make a definative determination at this point. However, based on the numbers available to date the extreme measures being implemented are not warranted. According to the CDC & WHO there are 234,073 as of 3/20/20 confirmed cases vs 65M for N!H!. Not a doctor or scientist and don't pretend to be in the know but just observing and looking at the numbers. https://www.who.int/docs/default-source/coronaviruse/situation-reports/20200320-sitrep-60-covid-19.pdf?sfvrsn=8894045a_2
And all of this in just 3 months. 馃

Registered
And this^ is short term.

Long term this thing can spiral out of control. The most dangerous thing about this new SARS virus is that during its incubation period -normally you will see 2-14 days (but up to 27 days) In which you may or may not show symptoms, regardless you are highly contagious.

In contrast (and what saves us from an Ebola pandemic ) your not contagious until the onset of symptoms and once that happens you die pretty quick
That is the worst part for sure. You don鈥檛 know for a period of time that you have been exposed. If you have been exposed and are not responsible, the 22x number could easily go way up. This this is growing exponentially. I believe our government nationally and local are doing a good job all in all. Hopefully this gets under control soon. Then we can all talk about this as an over reaction. It is the best thing that can happen, this being an over reaction. If it is an over reaction, it worked!! If not our country will be in worse shape than Italy. Live your life as 鈥渘ormal鈥 as possible. Just try to be courteous of others and help out your community.....
My son graduated last year from high school. He has wrestled his whole life. He was fortunate enough to be a 2x state qualifier in wrestling. Two of his friends are now seniors. Both have worked their tails off for years with one goal, becoming a state qualifier. Well both qualified and the tournament got postponed.( most likely canceled). Our high school girls basketball team made it to the final four. They got to Columbus and were having a shoot around an hour before the game started. In that hour their game got canceled. They were able to take a team photo on the court but that was it. These are the ones I truly feel for. We can make up a vacation, a weekend, or day riding trip. These kids may never get to realize their dreams. Had this happened last year as my son was preparing for the state tournament and you gave me a choice: him wrestle or me not ride all season. Guess what the ol rzr would have sat all year in the garage. It sucks for everyone but we will be ok I promise!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
鈥 鈥楾is a poor thing to fear the inevitable鈥

Registered
For the people on here that think this is just over blown BS. That Italy is socialized health care. Here is a news flash. New York鈥檚 healthcare is completely strained. They are running out of PPE, they don鈥檛 have enough ventilators, their healthcare worker are scared. Partly because they didn鈥檛 act fast enough (none of us have). The economic value does not equal the loss of life. Guys and girls this has only been going on here on our American soil for what two weeks ago was New Yorks first case. Come on, the reality of this is smacking us all in the face. I am and always have been pro business and an honest days work is worth an honest days wage. Have been a Hugh Trump supporter and still believe he is trying to do the best he can in a bad situation. But people if you are not heeding the warnings of the medical personal. Please start. By all means I wished this wasn鈥檛 so. Trust me I have truck payment, got my wife and daughters car payments house payment and all the utilities that comes with it. But I鈥檇 rather worry about that at a late. Yes it will suck, but if one person is saved because of all of this it will be worth it. I know the argument of people die everyday, and if it鈥檚 my time to go then that鈥檚 what the Lord wants. That鈥檚 an easy statement to make until it鈥檚 you or your family. Everybody wants to go to Heave, just not right now. Think of your neighbors, put yourself to the side, not long (hopefully).
I don鈥檛 want the government telling me what to do, same as everyone else don鈥檛 want that. However if people dont listen and heed these warnings. You are going to see it get much worse. You know we all have our own personal responsibilities. And we have our toys that we love to ride. I still ride mine. But I don鈥檛 gather in crowd. I鈥檒l go in the mountains by myself or with a friend or two. But we don鈥檛 stand nose to nose and talk. We ride. I do a lot of yard work and tinker on my RZR TRE man I can spend day after day with that thing. But I don鈥檛 go on HM trails they closed. But I also go to store for the elderly in my community I leave it at their door. And they give me the money for it in their mail box. Ther is a lot of things you could do too except belly aching on here or anywhere else how it sucks that you can鈥檛 ride your rzr. People are struggling. I encourage you to get off your..A*.. and help your community out. One of the biggest problems today is people only caring about themselves. It鈥檚 all about (me) and F** everyone else attitude. Well this country was founded on Americans banding together to help those that need help. But there is no compassion, empathy, or even love for your fellow Americans anymore. That鈥檚 my last post on this. Do as you may, I personally don鈥檛 have time to listen to the crying or really even commenting on the foolishness on here. but nobody wants this, this is what has to be and needs to be done. Love your neighbor help if you can. And if you can鈥檛 that鈥檚 ok we understand that too.

Registered
Sorry, this has been in the USA for months. The chicken littles just caught on a couple weeks ago!!!!!!

Reactions: ItchinToRide

Registered
The sad truth is Amazon, Costco and Walmart are allowed to stay open while the competition has to shut their doors, the writing is on the wall.

Premium Member
The sad truth is Amazon, Costco and Walmart are allowed to stay open while the competition has to shut their doors, the writing is on the wall.
If it makes you feel any better
If it makes you feel any better, the little guys are open in my area. They don't have toilet paper either... or sugar, flour hambuger.

Registered
Think about it. Costco and Walmart sell groceries. All grocery stroes are alowed to be open. Amazon is mail order only. There won't be too many people hanging out at an Amazon store. If Amazon does their due diligence protecting their employees there's no reason they shouldn't stay open. Home Depot and Low's are staying open also.

Registered
The Facebook groups are full of idiots talking about how it's BLM land and nobody can keep them from camping on it, and they're going to go regardless. On and on about their Constitutional rights, etc.
It was the SE Utah health department that closed everything, not Moab.
Last thing we need is a bunch of UTV owners violating this order, having their picture on the front page of the newspaper.
Stay away till it's ok to go. The local businesses will be happy to see you when it's open.
Can't fix stupid

Registered
Just got back from the Moab area. We went out on the 18th of March. Down town Moab was a ghost town. Almost nobody in BLM areas. We where about the only ones.

On March 25, a Grand County sheriff came by and told us we had to leave. Everybody (it wasn't many) camped in the boondocks had to pull up and leave.

It may be BLM area but, its still in a Utah county and they are limited on medical/hospital resources. Its the county that said no camping.

Got 7 days of incredible driving in. Ran into only 2 people the entire time. Driving into Moab was a piece of cake. Nobody on the road. Gas station was open and that's about it. Everything else was closed. Hotel lots where empty.

Registered
Ok so we all are hearing all the new cases and death. I now it's bad but how about the media also report how many have recovered from this virus.
It's tough to say how many have recovered. But I think the answer is a ton. People were recovering from this thing in the US before we ever knew we had it. Lots of people were very sick and symptomatic in Jan and Feb.

We'll never know, though. Because the testing was so unavailable that no one was willing to admit anyone could have it because they refused to test. As in "you can't have it, this isn't a hot zone area." I had 3 docs tell me that. Once test kits were actually available, they admitted I was symptomatic. They tested me, and I was positive. According to their records, I was the 4th person in the county to test positive. I caught it from community transmission, and no one else has it?? BS. The unwillingness to test creates the narrative that no one has it. It's everywhere.

As far as people that have beat it, though - - add me and my wife to the list! She never had a very tough time with it, but it steamrolled me. 14 days of fever, pneumonia, and chest congestion I'll probably have for at least another month.

Premium Member
We'll never know, though. Because the testing was so unavailable that no one was willing to admit anyone could have it because they refused to test. As in "you can't have it, this isn't a hot zone area." I had 3 docs tell me that. Once test kits were actually available, they admitted I was symptomatic. They tested me, and I was positive. According to their records, I was the 4th person in the county to test positive. I caught it from community transmission, and no one else has it?? BS. The unwillingness to test creates the narrative that no one has it. It's everywhere.
[/QUOTE
I believe it was here way sooner than proven or announced ... And it is great to here you and your wife are recovering well. In a very weird way you maybe the lucky ones to get it early ???

Registered

I agree - - we were lucky to get it early. I thought for a bit I might have to go to the hospital (never had to, though) , and there would have been beds available at that time. The people that need a bed in New York right now seem to be really suffering.

Premium Member
@warsw Sorry ....But you dont have to read it if you dont want to, I thought it was interesting that an actual forum member since 2015 was sharing their REAL LIFE situation

Registered
You got it....There was some good info here. Now it's all about the Corona Virus. I will just scratch this from my watch list. Maybe if you guys can't get enough of it on the news maybe we need a forum for just that topic.

41 - 60 of 64 Posts