Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Aspiring Perfectionist
4,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Not sure how many are still planning on traveling to Moab in the next month... but recent hotel & restaurant closures may greatly effect your plans.... article below from the Moab Sun

·
Aspiring Perfectionist
4,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
832 Posts
That’s true. And just because it isnt deadly to a large percentage of the world, it is very deadly to some and very easily spread. If we don’t do everything we can to prevent accidentally spreading the virus further, then you and I may end up being indirectly responsible for killing humans with weak immune systems.
I’d like to believe that we as a society could handle this in grace, but we can’t. There’s too many irresponsible/stupid people out there.
Heck, my step mom is an EMT part time, so she was designated to stand at the front door of her work and take her coworkers temperatures before they entered. Everyone was told to stay home if they felt sick, and yet two of her coworkers showed up with 104* fevers! They said they just didn’t want to miss work, even though they knew they were putting others health at risk. It’s for this reason we have to have a national quarantine.

·
Premium Member
1,767 Posts
The Facebook groups are full of idiots talking about how it's BLM land and nobody can keep them from camping on it, and they're going to go regardless. On and on about their Constitutional rights, etc.
It was the SE Utah health department that closed everything, not Moab.
Last thing we need is a bunch of UTV owners violating this order, having their picture on the front page of the newspaper.
Stay away till it's ok to go. The local businesses will be happy to see you when it's open.

·
Registered
884 Posts
We will stay away until it's re-opened, with that said I'd sure like to know how a county, or even a state health department can close hundreds of thousands of acres of federal BLM land. I read through the documents posted and never saw a single mention of BLM land. I'm not arguing whether or not it should be closed, just wondering how they can legally do it.
Dwight

·
Can't 'Member.
760 Posts
The state and local agencies haven't closed the federal lands, what they have done is dramatically restrict travel in the area (access to the OHV area) and closed or severely limited the operations of various businesses in the local area.
They have asked locals to eliminate all but critical travel.
In the order they recognize that tourism is a huge part of the local economy, but rightly assert that their primary responsibility is to the health of the residents of the counties in question, and that is where they are focusing their directives. These are the first steps.
If folks comply they will go no further. If people don't get the message they usually have a criminal authority section in their state criminal code that makes failure to comply a crime. I think that is gonna happen if the people doing the spring break thing in Florida don't wake up.
The Feds have closed a lot of national parks and such already, I imagine if the locals around Moab ask them to add the OHV lands to the closures it wouldn't take much to get the State BLM Office to write and publish the order.

Hopefully we get through this and get to and past, "Peak Corona" and can start heading back to normal.

·
Premium Member
1,767 Posts
Don't even get me started 😡
Taking politics out of it, which is hard to do, this is a pretty bad virus. The long term damage it can do to your lungs, sets it apart from other viruses.
The problem is, that gets lost because the politicians are hell bent on trying to make Trump look bad.
I think a lot of small business owners are just going to go out of business because they can't make up for 30 or more days of no revenue.
If you can, support a small business. Amazon and Walmart will be fine.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts