Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All! I am kinda new to the forum. I plan on running a 300 Watt stereo system in my razor and I was planning on hookin it up with a better battery. I want to run a smart battery seperator from Black Rhino and an oddessy battery. Would it be a bad idea to run my stereo and my two 4" HIDs off of the odessy and continue to use the stock battery as a cranking battery? I heard that it is a bad idea to mix batterys.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I almost forgot... I am still running the stock headlights but I plan on running the HID replacements to take some draw off of the stock battery

·
King of crash!
31,882 Posts
its not the best ide but people do it all the time... but your splitig it so its like youll have 2 systems..so it should be ok

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, from what I understand the battery seperator is supposed to keep your starting battery a priority and once it reaches a certain voltage it jumps over to the auxillary battery. I cant see it posing any issues so long as the two batterys arent interconected in any way. I plan on buying another Odessey battery in the future but Im trying to get the new cage, ump system, voltmeter, HID replacements, Stereo, front paddles and rear 250 rate springs in before Glamis Holloween weekend. Thanks for the info Johnny.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts