Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2008 RZR. It is missing at idle sometimes. Seems to be when warm or hot. It will sometimes pick up the second cylinder if you get the RPM's up but not all the time. I have tried to pull the plug wires to figure which one is not firing but it keeps running the same way???? Tried new gas have not messed with plug wires nor plugs due to no change in running when I pull the wires. Not sure about fuel pressure just kind of hoping some one had this problem and knows the fix!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would like to think it were the plugs. When it starts acting up you can pull either plug wire and it doesn't change.

·
Registered
706 Posts
could be the voltage regulator is getting hot? there is a relocate harness for it so It can be mounted up front like the newer models . That is if its behind the drivers seat right now

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Try two things which seemed to help me with the same thing.
Disconnect the positive lead from the battery (I do this @ the connection to the starter) for about a minute.
When you turn on the key, wait for about 15 seconds before starting, this is supposed to allow the ECU to format.
This problem you have was solved by this, doesn't hurt to try,
John

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
What about the TPS sensor? Could it be out of wack?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts