Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over the years I've tried about everything you can imagine for storage ideas. I think I've finally found a solution that works well for me. I had planed on building a custom storage box for the bed but never got around to it. I had been using a large tote with ammo cans inside organized by category, parts, tools, etc.. I wanted easier access and better organization. I saw where a couple of companies where making bed mounts for the Milwaukee Packout tool boxes so I ordered one from Rock Ready UTV. Fit and finish are spot on and it works excellent. It uses the standard Packout locking mounts so there are a number of storage options. I put two medium size tools boxes in the mount. There is plenty room for another tool box to sit just in front of them I'll draw up a mount and cut it out on the plasma cutter later. For right now I'm liking this:

This got me to thinking about replacing the Polaris Jagged X storage box. Having a 4 seater and using the rear area for cargo creates a lot possibilities. I already had the Tusk rear seat platform so it makes for a good base to build off. So I headed off to Home Depot and came back with a bunch of Packout goodies. It took a little figuring and cutting to make the bases fit and had to reconfigured the Click Six mounts to allow clearance. Mounted two small coolers on the drivers side and several storage boxes on the passenger side. I think it turned out rather well. Now it's time to start organizing and filling them up :)

·
Registered
2021 Trail S 1000 Premium (Waiting...)
18 Posts
I was intrigued by these boxes for when I get my Trail S. Was thinking one on each side with a cooler in the middle

·
Registered
2021 1000 XP 4 Premium in Stealth Gray
23 Posts
L and W fab also make a solid looking base.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I’m waiting on someone to make the bracket for the Pro Xp! I use the pack outs and have a pretty good securement it takes a bit of time to take the bottom box out during thorough cleaning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
7,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The mount from Rock Ready takes about 30 seconds to remove via 4 knobs. Easily removed for access to the engine.

·
The Lone Rzr
3,416 Posts
Wow! That's a lot of beer
What are those tubes? for axles?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Will the large Packout tool box mount on the Rockready or L&W mount in the rear cargo area? They are wider than the pair of compact tool boxes. Diamond-S Mfg also makes a mount for XP and Pro Xp, with the XP design being elevated fairly high. Probably to gain the needed width with the bed taper. Any input is appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
7,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The large boxes are 22" and are too wide to fit at the bottom of the bed.

·
Registered
2021 xp turbo4
625 Posts
What size cooler will fit in front of the packout boxes in the bed? Saw somewhere that 26qt was the biggest and was looking at ozark trail 26 for the price, but its out of stock everywhere. Trying to find other options that aren't severely overpriced

1 - 19 of 19 Posts