Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 20 of 140 Posts

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
HEY, me and cheryl are going to camp and ride this weekend, If any body want to come out and do a group ride on saterday that would be very nice.I think the trails would depend on the group.Ill also ride on sunday pending the saterday ride ,theres a couple of other trails and such I want see that might not interest others but all are WELCOME.We have so much fun riding with from the forum! Im sure there will be a lot of riders on the trail so will just be extra carfull.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Rich,

We'd love to join you, but this will be the 3rd anniversary of Chris' accident on Labor Day. We don't do that holiday anymore, but maybe the weekend after. I'm really giving a trip to Big Pine Flats some thought. The camp host said they have a new blue diamond trail. I really want to go, but I'm worried that my K3500 might be under lunged with that 5.7 gasser. If we go I can pull empty w/water because they have potable water on site. There also a USFS fire station in the campground which I like allot.

If we go I'll leave at O'Dark thirty to make sure it's cool and I can go slow and not over cook it on the 16% grade. Hmm, what if I can't pull it and I have to turn around? HELP!!!! Naw, I don't even want to think about that.

Anyway, if you go have fun! If Big Pine sounds intriguing, let me know...

Dan ...

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not a problem,I under stand.Still dont were big pine is,and the thought to have a tow rig not make it scares the sht out of me.we have been going out one or twice a month and the maintenance and the mods are getting to me but thats ok .Also rzrluvr was talking about Gormen maybe late sept, will see You know work and all.It was nice camping with both of you, hope to do it soon.O ya did you get your rzr fixed?

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Not a problem,I under stand.Still dont were big pine is,and the thought to have a tow rig not make it scares the sht out of me.we have been going out one or twice a month and the maintenance and the mods are getting to me but thats ok .Also rzrluvr was talking about Gormen maybe late sept, will see You know work and all.It was nice camping with both of you, hope to do it soon.O ya did you get your rzr fixed?
http://www.totalescape.com/destin/california-towns.php?tid=042

·
Registered
79 Posts
Oh I know it'll make it, I'm just being mamby pamby about it. I'll be going ~35-45 mph, but it'll do it.

Mac's Dad left a link for Big Pine, but it's the one North of Bishop. I keep forgetting to say Big Pine Flats, sorry.

If we would've ridden another few miles after we got to the top of waterfall, you'd be there. You get to it from Fawnskin on 34N14.

Yeah the RZR-S is fixed. These creeps piss me off, $276 to do an oil change and give me 2 new air-filters. I should've known better. On the way home I was thinking about it and when I looked in the engine portion of the manual under troubleshooting, I figured it out. It was the oil breather filter being clogged.

I told the service manager this when they called Monday so they wouldn't try to run some scam on me about it needing some stupid ass thing that was a bazillion dollars... :shifty:

So there was dirt in the throttle body and that's the end of the Uni-Filter, one ride, what a waste.

Keep me up to speed so I can plan to go with you folks. Chris can't miss school, so we'll have to do it around a holiday, or not too far away so all the times not eaten up by driving.

Take care and talk to you soon...

Dan...

·
Registered
975 Posts
Dan,

I checked my DFR filter after 3 rides. Barely dirty and the TB was clean. I never worry now about passing dirt into the engine with my setup. Holz air intake between the seats. Original opening blocked. DFR.

Rich,

Linda and I might be able to make it up for a day ride.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dan,

I checked my DFR filter after 3 rides. Barely dirty and the TB was clean. I never worry now about passing dirt into the engine with my setup. Holz air intake between the seats. Original opening blocked. DFR.

Rich,

Linda and I might be able to make it up for a day ride.
That would be nice if you two make it.I just put the holz vent in the last ride did feel a differences but you blocked the original vent right under ?

·
Registered
975 Posts
Yes. I blocked the original hole due to the Holz having outerwear material and having plenty of surface area
for adequate flow. I stuffed closed cell foam onto that opening as well as sealing off the gaps inside the box.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dudeonit/2186446054/

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
I'm sure you guys are going to have fun, we are hooking up with some friends at Pismo Beach for the weekend. It's going to be my virgin sand run:ride:
Big Pine campground just north of Crab Flats is awesome, you should check it out if you don't get many folks to go to Miller.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Is labor day this coming weekend or next weekend?
I been working so much I cant keep up.
Only thing I know for sure is Wednesday is the opener of dove season.
Bad day to be a dove.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'm sure you guys are going to have fun, we are hooking up with some friends at Pismo Beach for the weekend. It's going to be my virgin sand run:ride:
Big Pine campground just north of Crab Flats is awesome, you should check it out if you don't get many folks to go to Miller.
You and the word virgin cant put the two tougher:rofl3:(hot tube man):rofl3:Have fun look at some of the utube video to see what your in for.Maybe gormon end of sept?

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
You and the word virgin cant put the two tougher:rofl3:(hot tube man):rofl3:Have fun look at some of the utube video to see what your in for.Maybe gormon end of sept?
Sounds great! Let's get through Labor Day and I agree, let's get some folks up to Hungry Valley (Gorman)

1 - 20 of 140 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.