Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a used 2018 RS1 about a month ago. Have only put about a mile on it. Today I was stripping off some panels for some work I am about to do and I noticed the coolant reservoir was empty, pulled the rad cap off, it was maybe 2" low in the radiator. So I checked the oil, looked a tad milky, pulled the filter and drained the oil, it is barely, but definitely milky. What are the chances it is a head gasket? It could have been swamped. Also, I started it with the rad cap off, no air bubbles. I got a few gallons of cheap oil and a few oil filters to flush it out tomorrow. But I am pretty unfamiliar with these. Anything in particular to look for? Machine looks new. Obviously some mud inside panels when I remove them, but whoever had it looks like they took care of it. Has about 600 miles total.

·
Registered
175 Posts
With the mud being there hopefully someone was deep in a mud puddle and pulled in some water. Machine would definitely be overheating with a bad head gasket. You could do a compression test to make sure. I hope it’s just little water in the oil. Just did a head gasket.. not the funnest with all the room these machines have, or don’t have...

Sent from my iPhone using RZRForums.net

1 - 2 of 2 Posts