Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, sorry if this is a repeat topic but I am new to this forum stuff.

I am looking for a new UTV and I am stuck between the XP1000 and S1000. I would love to go with the XP but I am concerned for width on the trails. All of our riding will be in WI, MN, IA and The UP. I have talked a few people about this but I get mixed responses. Some say that everywhere they ride in Northern WI and The UP are no problem for 64" or even 72" except for a few trails here and there but they are clearly marked. And someone else said that all the trails they ride in southeast MN and west central WI are only good for 60" with spots that he is rubbing his tires.

So i guess what I am looking for is; overall in WI, MN, IA and The UP am I going to be ok with the XP? If there are websites that you know of that have trail information or even other forums, please share. Any and all information is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Hey everyone, sorry if this is a repeat topic but I am new to this forum stuff.

I am looking for a new UTV and I am stuck between the XP1000 and S1000. I would love to go with the XP but I am concerned for width on the trails. All of our riding will be in WI, MN, IA and The UP. I have talked a few people about this but I get mixed responses. Some say that everywhere they ride in Northern WI and The UP are no problem for 64" or even 72" except for a few trails here and there but they are clearly marked. And someone else said that all the trails they ride in southeast MN and west central WI are only good for 60" with spots that he is rubbing his tires.

So i guess what I am looking for is; overall in WI, MN, IA and The UP am I going to be ok with the XP? If there are websites that you know of that have trail information or even other forums, please share. Any and all information is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

I had an S and now have an XP. Both are great machines. I do prefer the XP overall. I ride mainly rough trails in the Ozarks.

Width is a non-issue. The S measures around 62 inches wide vs the XP at 64 inches wide. I have never noticed width as an issue and have aftermarket rims/tires that make it measure out at around 67-ish. The length is the issue. The XP requires a little more room to turn around, not a big issue but it does exist.

The reason I prefer the XP is the suspension is much smoother. I will gladly accept the extra turning radius for the ride compliance. Also the XP comes with much better tires and headlights.

In my area an XP can actually be purchased for the same or less than an S.

You can't go wrong with either machine. It really depends on your priorities. If ride quality is very high priority, then the XP will be the machine to choose.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
127 Posts
It would be wise to contact the local ranger district office near places you plan to ride to confirm what trail restrictions they have. There are places that still have the 50" wide barriers at trail heads to keep larger rigs out, such as jeeps and the bigger UTVs. To truly know what you are up against you will need to do some investigating and most of that can be done online and with a few phone calls.

Start with places you are close to and likely to visit more often. Places you will only go once or twice a year wont matter nearly as much as local use. Who wants an expensive machine gathering dust for weeks or months until you can make those longer trips... No one:)

More often the trend I'm seeing is many communities near trails are welcoming the UTV crowds who spend weekends there at local restaurants and hotels. They all want that money, our money. Finish your home work... Not done yet :) Have fun shopping for trails and a machine.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts