Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay went to Michigan SOS to get registered for the road, and I found out you MUST get a Michigan M.I. number instead of your orignal VIN number. This was written down in black in white, and the SOS called Lansing as I stood there and as them as well. You can only keep your VIN if you can register the RZR as a Motorcycle but that is not possible because according to SOS a Motorcycle has 2 wheels or 3 wheels and no More. This is where the real problem starts, Progressive WILL NOT cover you with a Michigan M.I. number thus who has affordable insurance with a Michigan M.I. number. The last quote I got was from StateFarm for $450/6 months. Any help here would be great.

·
Registered
811 Posts

·
Registered
4,192 Posts
I don't believe this has happened to anyone else who's gone through the process in MI (and that includes owners of the full size Ranger, Rhinos, etc).
AFAIK you get your inspection, submit your TR54 form and you will be issued a new title with a new vehicle classification ("Assembled Vehicle") with the same VIN number.

This is why I have been recommending anyone pursuing this go to the SOS in someplace like Silver Lake where they see this type of thing all the time. The counter clowns in the city just don't have a clue.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.