Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To be street legel do I need radials. I heard there are street legel tires that are good in dirt also?

·
Registered
882 Posts
Yeah, you need to run DOT approved tires...these are the only DOT approved UTV tires that I know of, and probably the route I will go if I ever get mine street legal here in MI.

UTV INC

Other than these, a lot of guys run the 27" super swamper radials...they are great in the dirt/mud, but heavy as heck and really stiff because they are actually light truck tires.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I currently have the MotoGrip EFX's and they perform just as good if not better than the stock tires that where on the RZR. I am street legal for the state of Michigan and I use the MotoGrip EFX's on the trail also.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Very nice thanks guys for info. Talking to some people here in Michigan that have gotten there rzr street legal except the tires, and had a officer (friend) approve it. Generally no problems.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Very nice thanks guys for info. Talking to some people here in Michigan that have gotten there rzr street legal except the tires, and had a officer (friend) approve it. Generally no problems.
That works, and I have seen quite a few "street legal" RZR-s running around Silver Lake with the stock tires still on them...but you run the risk of getting yourself or the friend/officer who did the inspection in trouble. All it takes is one hardass officer to pull you over, and start questioning you...if/when they notice the tires aren't DOT approved, you will either get busted for switching them out after the inspection, or the officer will get busted for signing off on the TR-54 even though your vehicle doesn't meet the standards.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts