Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had mine street legal and when I go to see about other insurances that are mentioned in the forum, I can not seem to get anyone to insure them. I have called Progressive, Foremost, Hartford, and etc. and they all say we do not insure them. So what I am saying wrong to get this response. I am looking for good rates not one from my car auto for $1800 as quoted by them going through progressive?? HELP

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
I have had mine street legal and when I go to see about other insurances that are mentioned in the forum, I can not seem to get anyone to insure them. I have called Progressive, Foremost, Hartford, and etc. and they all say we do not insure them. So what I am saying wrong to get this response. I am looking for good rates not one from my car auto for $1800 as quoted by them going through progressive?? HELP

Safeco, try Safeco.

Safeco and Progressive insure them under their motorcycle program by state, perhaps your state is a bit new yet.

Foremost has a program for street legal atvs, maybe nobody knows what a razor is, tell them it is a street legal atv.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Safeco, try Safeco.

Safeco and Progressive insure them under their motorcycle program by state, perhaps your state is a bit new yet.

Foremost has a program for street legal atvs, maybe nobody knows what a razor is, tell them it is a street legal atv.

Thanks I will try those new words and see how far I get. Tired of mud in my face by insurers and sos. I wish they would get it together

·
Super Moderator
1,107 Posts
I have Alstate and have had Progressive. What are you telling them? Tell them you have a Street Legal Polaris RZR and give them the VIN. Thats all they need to know.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Just did mine , got plpd through progressive for 130 per year. I called several companies and did get the run around. Finally called my current car policy holder who had previously quoted me 277 for plpd and got what I now have but it did take half a day of my time. SOS was a different obstacle but got that cleared too. So I do have a temp. Plate and am legal but still waiting on the new Vin and than I can get the permanent plate. Full coverage quote was for 700 something per year.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
2 Posts
I tried Foremost for street legal RZR but they will not provide insurance. they will do a dune buggy, etc., but not provide "auto insurance" type coverage on the RZR.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Progressive insured mine with no questions asked..also have my 4 wheeler, seadoos, and golf cart through them.

·
Registered
259 Posts
i almost bought one of the rentals from a place in silver lake called razor j his are mostly street legal. so he would be a good source

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just purchased a street legal UTV with a MI VIN. Progressive telling me they cannot insure a street legal UTV in Michigan. State Farm offers to add it as another vehicle but the cost is WAY high..... Any suggestions?

·
Registered
259 Posts
Contact a shop that rents out utv in silver lake and ask whom they use. Even though razor j is the only one i recall that u drive on the road from his shop to the dunes instead of transporting them

·
Registered
115 Posts
Just purchased a street legal UTV with a MI VIN. Progressive telling me they cannot insure a street legal UTV in Michigan. State Farm offers to add it as another vehicle but the cost is WAY high..... Any suggestions?
I have mine insured thru State Farm, full coverage is $550 yr.

·
Registered
2 Posts
We sat with a State Farm agent Monday, $750-$900 for 6 months with $1000 deductible and only $8,000 value for the vehicle! We must be saying something wrong, its titled 2013 assembled pick up. Would you mind privately sharing your agents name,contact info and how your machine is listed on the insurance? Does everyone's insurance state certificate of Michigan no fault insurance? Good driving record, no claims or accidents...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Now once you have that part done you need to get an inspection form from the secretary of state. #TR-54. Fill out your portion and make an appointment with your local law enforcement agency to have them inspect the vehicle. We use the State Police as they are the best in our area to work with right now. The officer will ask you to give them the run down and then he will verify the Vehicle identification number and sign off on the form. After this you take your completed form, proof of insurance, and title to the secretary of state. Now this is where it gets tricky. The procedure is not consistent from office to office. The proper way for them to complete this per Lansing main office is as follows. The re-title the vehicle as a assembled pick up using the existing vin number as it is a legal 17 digit vin. They will send in the title and the next day (due to the time it takes to reallocate the title to a DOT legal status) you can pick up your plate and you are road legal. Now some offices try to get a state assigned vin to your vehicle and insist on a state inspector coming up from Lansing and and doing another inspection at which time he would issue this state assigned vin. THIS IS BS AND IS NOT THE WAY TO GO!!!! If you do you will have issues with your lender (Polaris says no way on a new vin) and insurance goes through the roof if you can even get it at all. Progressive (last I heard) said they would not insure a vehicle with a Michigan assigned VIN. We use Progressive with our units and pay about $125 (includes comp and collision) a year for full coverage and have no hassles at all. I have heard many horror stories about state assigned vins and per Lansing as long as your vehicle has a legal 17 digit vin a state vin is not required. Just make a couple calls to find an office near you that will do the assemble pick up title. It is a bit of hassle and on average to buy every thing you need and do the work your self it will run about $2000 to do it right depending on what your unit comes with at purchase. But really in Michigan it is well worth doing based on the area it opens up for riding. You have no more worries of can I be here? Am I legal here and so on.

Any truth to this? I found this on another forum today. I know as soon as I get a new VIN, I will have to call the insurance co and fight with them to insure my RZR as an Assembled Truck. Is there a way around the whole "New VIN" ?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I got my street legal rzr last fall. It is also titled as an assembled pickup. Transferred a plate off my vehicle and insured it through progressive under the rzr vin. Go to SOS to renew the plate last week and found it needs to be insured under the assembled pickup vin. Having issues finding companies that will insure it now. State farm said they should be able to, but it will be about $500 for 6 months.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts