Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
vegasphotoman
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was browsing Michelin tires website, looking to see if they offered any UTV tires (recently just bought some Cooper A/T's for my wife Ford Explorer, Cooper owned by Michelin out of Greenville South Carolina) and the Cooper Discoverer A/T's seem like solid, well built tires with massive tread lugs. (plus they have throwback to the 80s White letters on the side walls:devil)

https://www.michelintweel.com/tweel-UTV.html

anyways...ran across THESE oddities....great if you are constantly shredding tires due to working a UTV or ATV in a Scrapyard, Dump site, construction areas etc.... thought they were worth a post.
Rangers & RZR 570/800 sized TWEELS :surprise

https://www.michelintweel.com/tweel-UTV.html

Attachments

·
Yes, I know where we are?
417 Posts
Polaris has been building these for many years for the military and for a while they sold them to the public for Polaris vehicles and they also sold ATV's with them as standard equipment.

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
Polaris has been building these for many years for the military and for a while they sold them to the public for Polaris vehicles and they also sold ATV's with them as standard equipment.
Polaris no more makes these than the Bighorns that come on their UTVs. They are 3rd party (AKA Michelin) and sold with the vehicle. They have been around for years but also have HEFTY price tag.

They'd be ok it you want a 26" tire that rides like a skid steer :grin

·
Registered
142 Posts
I forgot about these things. I remember seeing them on a TV show years ago like Modern Marvels or of the like.

·
Yes, I know where we are?
417 Posts
Polaris no more makes these than the Bighorns that come on their UTVs. They are 3rd party (AKA Michelin) and sold with the vehicle. They have been around for years but also have HEFTY price tag.
The manufacturer is owned by Polaris so that make them the manufacturer. This was in 2013.
My local dealer also had the Polaris tires for sale in his showroom a couple of years later.

Resilient Technologies, an NPT startup that was recently acquired by Polaris, a world leader in off-road vehicles, has developed something a little faster, but still hasn’t ventured into regulated automotive markets. One of Polaris’ contracts includes the Polaris ATVs with Resilient Technologies airless tires, to be supplied to the US Military.
https://www.greenoptimistic.com/resilient-technologies-airless-tire-deployed-military-atvs-20130924/

·
Premium Member
7,046 Posts
Half right. Polaris doesn't make the Michelin Tweels. But they do make/are responsible for the ones shown on that military demo Sportsman.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts